Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Titans in the industry

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by KevinJames, Jan 15, 2016.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    I must admit (and very embarrassingly so), I was surprised that Samsung was valued less than Apple. The reason for my surprise is that Samsung is into to many more industries than just consumer electronics. Here's a short list from wikipedia:

ProductsApparel, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, semiconductors,ships, telecommunications equipment
    ServicesAdvertising, construction, entertainment, financial services, hospitality, information and communications technology, medical and health care services, retail,shipbuilding

And Samsung employs about 4 times as many people per wikipedia.

Above from:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung

Compare to....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.

#1 KevinJames, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    They obviously don't have any antitrust laws in Korea and Samsung has monopolized more than one industry and have become a conglomerate. Too much power in the hands of a few destroys competition and free market economics.

Stateside, ITT became a very dangerous conglomerate before they were broken up. I remember buying a Hostess Twinkie and the package said Continental Bakeries a subsidiary of ITT. Look at all the things ITT got involved in, including the 1964 coup in Brazil and the 1973 coup in Chile:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITT_Corporation

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
  4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    @KevinJames. Yep, Apple has been the largest public corporation in the world ( market capitalization) for the last few years, I think. Bigger than Exxon.

Remarkable story for Apple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk