Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

This Is One Heck Of A Deal That I Saw Online! Check It Out Now!!

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Gamer03, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snaproll

snaproll New Member

Re: Pleeze, a little help muddling through this chicken/egg thing..

Rack breaker, thanks for the reply and info.

Yes, that probably should've been the way to go. Unfortunately I already pulled the trigger. I went to the Sprint store and bought the Samsung A920 ($150 discount) and got a minimal regular plan, along with the 14-day trial return period. The in-store rep could not do the SERO for me.

Now, I'll have to find a willing CS rep to convert my plan over to SERO within the 14-day trial period. If not... back goes the phone and "temp" plan, I'll get my money back and then just start fresh through the SERO site like you said.

Now, you caught me attention with $300 phones for FREE through the website? I know I overpaid for mine, for the ease/privilege of walking out of the store with my phone in hand and knowing I could take it right back if problems. But the A920 in-store is $300, with the instant discount I paid $150. Could I somehow have gotten it for free from the SERO site? I see it listed for there for $119, $30 less than I paid. Is there an additional rebate? I saw some talk on this forum about a "$150 mail-in rebate", but I just assumed it served the same purpose as the $150 instant discount that the store gives. Is there really an additional rebate to the $119 SERO price, that would take it down to $0 ???

2. rackbreaker

rackbreaker New Member

Re: Pleeze, a little help muddling through this chicken/egg thing..

Actually, I just meant there was a range of phones available on the SERO site, ranging in price, with the cheapest phone being Free and the most expensive phone being $300. But, there is a $150 rebate form available here. If it looks like your phone qualifies, give it a shot!

3. zeldaf

zeldaf New Member

You've all been so generous with information. Special thanks to Larry and others who have shared email addys.
    I'm a long time Sprint user but been out of contract since December. Thought I'd give it a try though. I had settled on the Samsung A920 and the 1250 minute plan, but when I tried to complete the transaction at the Sprint website, it insisted on a home phone number. I've been completely wireless for several years. Finally called Sprint Retention 1-800-658-7564. Explained my problem. The CSR said "You called the right place" Told him I wanted the SERO deal. He asked if I had a referrer email and I said I did. (He never asked for it though). He set me up with the plan I wanted commenting what a great plan it was and how he'd set up his sister and parents with the same deal. I told him I also needed a new phone and was planning to get the A920.
    He was having computer problems and said he was trying to get the price list up. I said I'd seen it on the website for $149. He said they had a better price.
    Wound up at $74.99 for the phone, free shipping, no activiation fee. The $49.99 SERO plan and he assured me my employee discount would transfer to the new billing.

Thanks again to all posters for all the info!!

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wow you did really well there! Now just make sure that everything was transistioned correctly.

5. deevajana

deevajana New Member

would you please give me a sprint employee referral?

6. deevajana

deevajana New Member

would you please give me a sprint employee referral?

7. contramatter

contramatter New Member

Trying to get SERO and A900 - out of contract

Hello Everyone! I have heard much about the SERO Plan, and would like to get it with as many perks as possible. So here's my situation:
    I have an outdated plan from 2001, been out of contract since 2003, and finally got around to wanting to update it. I want something like the SERO 500min plan with atleast 7pm nites etc, maybe free messaging or atleast some free messaging. I've been so out of the loop that I dont know what I can get internet wise and if its worth asking for.

I work for Verizon but don't want their plan, even though I can get a good employee discount. Can I get a corp discount or something for working for Verizon? Any other discounts I can shoot for? I'm former military too.

I also want to get an A900, so any tips on how to go about getting both the plan and the phone would be fantastic!

I hear that one needs a referal email from a sprint employee, would anyone be able to help me out with that, just in case?

Thanks!!!

8. nsheth1

nsheth1 New Member

please.... i am buying new services...anybody let me know of employee

can anybody inform me about employee name and e mail adress please. just buying new services...this looks like a great deal

thanks for posting this message.. appreciate reply at XXXXXXXXXX.xxxxx.com

nsheth1

#188 nsheth1, Jul 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2006
  9. JAustin13

JAustin13 New Member

I would dearly love to discover the world of SERO - can someone out there please give me a referral email/name et al?:D

XXXXXXXXXXXXX@xxxxxx.com

Thanks,

J

#189 JAustin13, Jul 5, 2006
  10. bpage

bpage New Member

poop. i got all excited then i reread thru all of the posts and realized it has expired :(

11. Gman

Gman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Did you try the website? It's still up...

www.sprint.com/sero

12. bpage

bpage New Member

does it still work? if you read the fine print down below it, it says it ends 6/30/06

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    They've been extended for a while longer. No worries.

14. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    No wonder, I'm sure Sprint has gained a ton of new customers with this program. The only problem is that the income from these customers is much less than if they would have signed up the customer on a regular rateplan.

15. bpage

bpage New Member

Larry, i sent you another PM mesage, sprint says it doesnt recognize your email addy.. If anyone has another one i can try id greatly appreciate it.. thanks

16. bzsony

bzsony New Member

i was wondering if I can port my old sprint phone number over if I sign up for the SERO plan..... since my original plan has expired already

I called the sprint CS like 10 times and they all told me to go to the website and sign up for the plan.....

17. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The e-mail address works fine. I think I might have sent you a typo.

18. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Boy is that true, but I got to tell you, it is sooooo worth it. I'm lovin' my Nextel!!!:love:

I'm still in shock that I have uttered the words "love" and "Nextel" in the same sentence, but it's true...;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Larry how much is a while longer?

The reason that I ask is because my dad is thinking of getting a phone for our family business and the Sero plans are pretty good. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. BlackDog

BlackDog New Member

I would like a referral email please. This seems cool if it still is valid.
    Thanks

XXXXXXXXXX.xxxxx.com

#200 BlackDog, Jul 17, 2006
  21. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Who knows. But I think they'll be around for a couple more months.

22. BlackDog

BlackDog New Member

Another Question -
    I have looked for the answer and cannot find it so here goes.
    I am interested in the Treo 700p, and I want the higher minute plans (4000 or unlimited).

Can I sign up for SERO 2500 plan and then upgrade the plan to 4000 minutes (or maybe unlimited minutes)?

Can I add Total Equipement Protection to the SERO plan for $6 ?

Will I still be able to roam in the same roaming areas while on the SERO plan?

Other than no Sprint TV, What are the limitations or restrictions of SERO plans?

Thanks for your help.

23. sixzero

sixzero New Member

Im in the same situation. I just bought a A900 and have the family shar 800min plan. Now I want to switch myself and my wife over to the sero plan. I called a rep. and he walked me through the online process because he told me he could not do anything. He also told me to ask for the free phones to get the plan. He told me to call back a couple of hours later to check if the plan was in my account and switch the plan to the 2 phones/numbers that I want. I'm trying to do this now and am having problems.. does this make sense? Any suggestions?

24. sixzero

sixzero New Member

but then I got lucky... I called the normal business line (i have a business account) and told the rep that I wanted the sero plan and he said "I will be happy to help you with this sir" and he did it in 1,2,3... I just hope it reflects in my account. After the call I had to cancel the 2 free phones I ordered through the sero website and I think I'm set up. Thanx

25. holmer

holmer New Member

Thanks for the referral Larry.

26. kood

kood New Member

*Rates exclude taxes and Sprint Fees (including USF charge of up to 2.12% that varies quarterly, cost recovery fees up to $2.83 per line and state/local fees that vary by area). Sprint Fees are not taxes or government-required charges.
    Coverage, rate plan features, services and phone availability vary by network. Nationwide Sprint PCS Network reaches over 250 million people. Nextel National Network reaches over 263 million people. Offers end 12/31/06.

And Larry, if your offer is still available, may I have your Sprint email? Thanks in advance.

27. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Hey Larry could you PM me your Sprint address....my mom just got the Fair and Flexible 200 with the Samsung A640.....she really like the phone but there are Vision and Picture Messaging capabilities that we can't use....again could u PM me your Sprint email and name for the SERO plan???

28. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOOGLED "@MAIL.SPRINT.COM":

I GOT:

@mail.sprint.com

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#208 SmArTeStChIlD421, Jul 26, 2006
  29. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    ok i just called them to change from the Fair and Flexible 200 and the guy didn't even ask for the address??????!?!?!!!?!!?!!?!!?!?!!?!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

30. Jer64105

Jer64105 New Member

Are multiple lines available on this offer? Is it the usual $9.99 charge for each add'l line?

Since I currently have a Sprint phone, but it is under another persons name, would I be able to sign up for this and then later switch the number from my current phone to the new line?

Larry, if you still have referrals available I'd love to have one. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.