Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Thinking of Going to AT&T from Verizon in Northeastern MASS

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Brandy, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Brandy

Brandy New Member

Thinking of Going to AT&T from Verizon in Northeastern MASS

I have had Verizon for almost 2 years here in Northeast Massachusetts (Haverhill-Newburyport area).Service has been very good-no complaints. BUT.... AT&T has just come out with a promotion for 600 peak minutes for 39.99 or 900 peak for $49.99, both with 3000 offpeak minutes and a night that starts at 8:00 p.m. Verizon can't come close to this. Verizon's night starts at 9:00 p.m. Plus Verizon has a much more limitied local area. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks![​IMG]

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Have you seen the new America's Choice Plan's? If you are happy with Verizon and can switch plans you might want to consider one of them. You can get 300 anytime minutes and 3000 night and weekend minutes for only $35 a month and it covers a lot of the US and includes Nation Wide Long Distance.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/special_offers/splash/splash1.html

3. milarepa

milarepa New Member

au contraire mes amis

Verizons Americas Choice plan has, with the sweep of the map, their new ROAMING map, disenfranchised those one fourth of America who will be using their service in the non covereage areas. It is so undesirable a plan that our local VT Verizon dealer(NE VT see map) is urging folks to take avoid that plan entirely.

Obviously their old plan was too generous and they ve been forced to take a big step backwards.(you pay more bucks for less minutes)

I had planned to sign on with supposedly "best backwoods coverage" Verizon, but now will forego cell entirely un til its more affordable, or they eliminate their discriminatory map.

Peter

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Brandy, Do you know anything about the coverage of the plan you refer to? What are roaming charges and when do they kick in? Also does this plan have a name? I called ATT and checked out the site and found nothing on this promotion.
    Please advise.

5. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

Brandy was referring to the usual $39.99 Local Digital Advantage Plan which is:

400 Anytime Minutes
    3000 N/W minutes

However, as mentioned on AT&T's website (see "View All Promotions") you can get 50% more
    peak minutes if you sign-up for a 2 year agreement...which brings your peak minutes to 600 minutes.

The new Digital Advantage Plans, however, seemed to have dropped the free Nationwide long distance.

6. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Kenny- With at&t's New plans you can add toll free long distance for $5 a month.

Brandy- If you are happy with verizon stay with them. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Call them and threaten to cancel. Tell them the deal that you can get with at&t and see what they say
    Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. milarepa

milarepa New Member

Jack

Though I would agree with you pressure on Verizon to change their ways might get them to change their plan eventually, I know a few calls doesnt get them to give you something not offered by the plan.

Prior regional divisions varied in area depending upon where one signed on. The dealers thought they would simply correct the regoinal discrepancy problem. Instead they complicated things making use of their service inadvisable for one fourth of us who now live in or use phones in their newly designated roaming areas.

The alternative, for those of us in the roaming area as Brandy is discovering may be giving her less minutes for more money.

They are the biggest, and many say most successful nationwide, so they will respond to our pressure but questionaably whether to offer terms outside their plan.

Thanks
    Peter

8. Guest

Guest Guest