Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Thinking of giving SERO a try..

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by DarrylLeeOHS30, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Hi everyone. I'm thinking about porting one of my USCC lines over to Sprint and giving the SERO plan a try.

I was just wanting to make sure that the SERO offer is available in the Knoxville, TN market. If anyone knows, please let me know. According to the website, the offer isn't available in all areas. Also, does anyone know who they use as a roaming partner in EAST TN? I'm thinking USCC, but VZW maybe. USCC gets slightly better coverage, and I would be roaming quite a bit.

Also, any ideas on good quality phones? I'm pretty excited about possibly switching.

Thanks!

2. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Darryl, I do not know if SERO is available in the Knoxville, TN market. As for the phones, from what I have heard, the Sanyo 8400 or LG Fusic are the best signal strength phones. Of those two, I would probably lean towards the Sanyo. Hopefully someone else will be able to comment on this.

As for the SERO plan itself, if you sign up before June 30 (and receive your phone before then), you can get the current promotion of unlimited text messaging to/from any network. But you should make sure you receive your phone before June 30 since you might have to call in to make sure the text messaging is on your plan.

Good luck and be sure to let us know if you switch to the SERO plan. I love my plan especially for everything you get for only $30 per month. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes SERO plans are available in Knoxville. As for phones the LG Fusic is a bit outdated and a Fusic 2 is on the way soon. I would also think about waiting a couple of weeks to sign up. The Katana 2 and RAZR 2 are coming real soon.

4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah I would wait tell like the 25th then if there is not one of the newer ones out you can still wait 30 days and go from there I think if the razr 2 comes out i might switch to that

5. thanks for the suggestions so far.

Right now, I'm torn between the Q, V3m and Fusic. I have a friend who's got a fusic and loves it, and you really can't beat the price. Does anyone know if they have the Silver V3m? The one I see on their website is the charcoal looking one like the v3c, and i don't really want that if that's the case.

My billing cycle with USCC starts over on the 22nd, so I plan on calling them the 21st and tell them I'm planning on porting one of the #'s, so I can set up the line I'll have left on its own individual plan. So probably the 22nd or 23rd is when I'll sign up. Will I be able to do it online or is it required that it's done over the phone? Also, is the savings@sprintemi.com an ok address or will I need an actual persons email?

Does anyone know how the handle roaming? Is there an (enforced) 50% rule? I would be doing about 50% or more of my usage roaming, but I'm not sure who their east TN roaming partner is. I'm thinking USCC, and if they're not available VZW would get 2nd priority.

But thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming! :D

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I believe Sprint only has the V3m in charcoal and red, no silver. The SERO plans used to be an online sign-up but I think now they want you to call in instead. The SERO number is 888-882-4030. If you need an actual e-mail address let me know via PM and I can give it to you.

If you seriously need to roam 50% of the time I don't think Sprint would be the right choice for you.

7. well, I will be roaming alot it may or may not be close or at 50%. Some months may vary, but I work and spend alot of my time and make trips to the knoxville area and where sprint has native coverage, however, at my home I would be roaming. They don't have native coverage at my home, but I would be signing up with my work address, which is in Knoxville.

8. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well you could give it a shot and probably be fine. Sprint is not known to enforce roaming rules so the odds would be on your side.

9. so, would it be seamless coverage? n/w and text, data all that would still work? I was thinking everything but mobile to mobile would work. which would be okay because i am only friends with one or two people that have sprint :p

10. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Yeah, everything, including data should be seamless while roaming on a roaming partner. Like you mentioned, M2M does not apply while roaming.
    Let us know what you decide on,
    Andy

11. grants04

grants04 New Member

Larry,

Quick question for you. We've the same plan since pre-1998. I think it's a great one, (2k anytime minutes shared for $85) but we also have to pay $39.99 for Blackberry power vision and $15 for regular powervision. We were thinking of changing to two SERO 1250 plans for $49.99 each. Here's the question: I read on the forums that the unlimited features of the SERO plans can be changed or discontinued without notice. Is this true? If so, it sounds like we might want to stay with the plan we have. Any advice?

Thanks!

12. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    DarrylLee
    If you can post back and let me know what you end up doing I would appreciate it. I am trying to use a lot of roaming minutes so Sprint will drop me and then I am going to pick up a SERO plan hopefully because if I do that I will pay a lot less for the same plan. The data is cheaper through SERO and everything else is too but if you get SERO I would be very curious as to how it turns out. Thanks

13. i'll post back letting you know what I did, no problem Mr. President :D

14. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS - happily holding crystal clear calls!
    Grant,

I know I am not Larry but I will try to answer your question. The Sprint SERO plan is only named that due to the great value you get (mostly for marketing). The actual planis a Fair&Flexible 500 minute plan.

And I would say that Sprint can not take away features from YOUR plan while you are in contract, or that would most likely void the ToS and you could get out of your contract without paying the ETF.

But 'discontinue' features they might do. Again they can't do this to YOUR plan while you have it. BUT they can discontinue certain features for new customers such as the text messaging promotion that is going on right now; that is set to be discontinued sometime in July (they just extended it past the original June 30th date).

I am wondering... where did you get that information from?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Bill Clinton,

You are trying to use a lot of roaming minutes so SPRINT will drop you? And then you want to sign back up with SPRINT to get SERO?

Okay, first of all don't make this so hard. All you do need to do is call customer service (*2 from PCS phone), and switch your plan to a SERO (might involve new contract signing - and you probably could get a new phone w/ discount too).

Also the plan you have of getting Sprint to drop you, and then re-sign back up. Well, usually when a carrier drops you, and then you try to immediatly sign back up its not allowed - or it might be allowed but you will not get NEW customer pricing or anything.

So its best just to keep your current account open, and switch to a SERO plan.

16. grants04

grants04 New Member

Thanks for the info. I guess I was worried that after my 2 year sero plan expired, I would not be able to keep going month to month on that plan or that I might not be eligible to get the $150 off a new phone and renew a 2 year contract with the same terms. With SERO, can they refuse to renew certain portions of my deal, like "we'd love to keep you, but now we won't give you free unlimited messaging..."? With my current regular plan, although certain things are not offered anymore, because it is my plan, they won't take away parts of it unless I change plans. I thought that because SERO was already a great deal, once my contract expired, I might not be able to keep those terms.

I think I read mention of a potential problem like that on one of the forums, maybe Howardforums or PDAphonehome...

Thanks.

17. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Grant, most likely features will be grandfathered - as long as you sign a new contract.

18. Bill Clinton

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    Is there a way I can get this to work if I have 3 active phones? The SERO plans I saw were for 1 phone or data card. Do you think I can move one phone over to SERO and leave the other two alone until the contract is up and then sign up for 2 more SERO plans? I thought the point of SERO was more for new customers that were recommended from a Sprint employee to try Sprint for 2 years. I was going to see if Sprint would drop me so I don't pay $600 to terminate my phones and then I would try signing up in a different name for a SERO plan. It sounds like you have a much easier way of doing it so if you think i can just call them and switch my plan I will give it a try. Thank you very much.

19. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone SCP-8400/US/1.0) NetFront/3.3 MMP/2.0)

Yes. i think u can switch ur line that is out of contract. and sero is really for anyone. just use the email address of contract savings@sprint.com

20. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    stay away fromt the V3m the processors can get very slow and it is prone to random resets..........i heard the Q freezes up sometimes to but i heard the Fusic was pretty good

i went to the Sprint SERO website today and typed in savings@sprint.com

i sent me to a webpage that was purely informational...........it wasnt the normal InPhonic site...........it had a number and when i called it corporate and government account sales picked up...........are they still doing SERO through InPhonic or is it all being done over the phone.........???

the only reason they do this is because it removes the need to program a whole new set of plans into the billing system and this way the SERO customers can still enjoy the conveniance of tiered minutes

and just so you all know.........i called in today and told me rep i was a SERO customer and wanted to take advantage of the unlimited texting and she added it to my account...........sweet!!! :biggrin:

21. Bill Clinton

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I talked to the Sprint employee that I know and she agreed with the comments posted here by the very knowledgeable PCSuser. She said that I should be able to switch to a SERO plan even though I still have a few months left on my contract and I am supposed to let her know if it doesn't work. I am giving it a try today so I will post back after I find out if Sprint is feeling fair and flexible.

22. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Correct, SERO is no longer done over the internet. SERO can ONLY be done via the number on the site (it is Enterprise TeleSales).

23. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Well, I thank you for that Bill. If you have any other questions just feel free to post them and I will try to respond the best I can - you can also PM me if you'd like. I love to help people; especially with their Sprint services!

24. kobe0824

kobe0824 New Member

Hi!

I just called *2 and asked for retention (I am actually in the middle of my latest 2yr commitment, Sprint PCS customer since 1998). After 2 tries, got a rep who changed my plan to SERO (she said that it will start with my next bill, which is due in 3 weeks time). I signed up to be switched to the $30 7pm NW SERO plan.

1. When will my switch show up Sprint My Account (Online)?
    2. Is it true that some get 6pm NW for no additional cost?

Thanks!

25. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    any changes to the structure of your plan will only take place at the beginning of your next billing cycle...........right now your Online Account will show your current plan but the first day of your billing cycle you will see your new plan with updated Current Usage statements...........

26. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Does anyone know if the new SERO Plans have the unlimited Picture Mail? I didn't see it listed on SERO's site. I know they have the limited time promotion of unlimited SMS. Anyone know?

27. PCSuser

PCSuser Senior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6700 w/ WM6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yes, Picture Mail (unlimited) is included in your PowerVision or Vision access.

Also, you n eed to call to make sure that your SMS messaging was added, and that PictureMail was correctly activated.

28. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You know the more I use picture the more i hate it lol I just want normal mms

29. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yes.....when i got SERO for my mom and i i had to call in both times to get the Picture Mail and Power Vision codes added because they forgot to when we switched the plans............youll know that it wasnt set up if you get a message telling you to add it when you try to use PictureMail........

30. DrQ

DrQ New Member

If the free Text does not show up (under usage it should show as "unlimited") on your account give the CSR the following code to enter:
    #C SERO SMS UNL $0