Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

The Things you should do when talking to a Customer Care Rep??

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by CellguyNY, Dec 14, 2001.

1. CellguyNY

CellguyNY Junior Member

Dear Wireless Users and Potential ones:

I know everyone here likes to complain how much they hate there service, but there things you can do when you talk to a sales person on the phone to make sure you are taken care of properly.

1. Some companys offer rep ids if a sales rep gives you there name with one be kind enough to write it down so if they don't do there job properly the next time you call you speak to a superviser and tell them this is who you spoke to and there id.
    2. Don't call after 5pm to most customer service centers. I know most of them are 24 hours, but some problems can wait till the morning because during this time the part timers are in and i guarentee if you talk to one person call back in 5 minutes you will get two different answers of course from two different people. I
    3. If you have to call after five and you are dead sure this person doesn't know there ___ from there elbows ask to speak witha supervisor and if they can't find you one say you will call back at another time. Then call back later on and speak to someone else who knows what they are talking about.
    4. Keep in mind that sometimes they are human too and they make mistakes so if you are placed on hold for an hour and a half dont scream and yell at them becuase that will get you know where. Your not the only one who needs help.
    5. If problems due persist on the other hand contact a local store representative and explain to them the situation and have them call for you. They know what to do.

Key words: Please and thank you will get you some where i once heard. Also right everything down of what that person said to you on a particular day and also patience is the key if they are patient enough with them they will be patient with you. IF you don't like who you are talking to you can be asked to placed back on hold and let someone else help you.

If there any other questions feel free to ask:

CellguyNy
    I deal with this sort of crap every day myself and at the workplace.

2. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Cellguy,

Good information. I will add that if you have been waiting on hold and once the rep picks up don't start screaming about "do you know how long I've been waiting?" Because the answer is of course YES. The reps all have a reader board that shows how many calls are in que and how long the next caller has been holding. Furthermore, they are the ones who are trying to help you and it's really not the rep who answers the phone fault the hold times are high. It's the company's fault but not the individual who answers. So get to your issue and everyone behind you on hold will benefit as well. And lastly, I agree thank you and please goes a long way.

Tom

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Cellguy,

Point 4 had me laughing. I know what you intended to write and this is only a tease, but still, it begs asking: If the reps are only human "sometimes," what are they the other times?

4. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

I would like to add. For those of you on Voicstream, ask which CS center it is and if it is Florida hang up and call back. Whenever I have called and gotten Florida they haven't know what they were doing or how to do anything.

5. CellguyNY

CellguyNY Junior Member

Good Tease kev i didn't realize it came out like that i guess i should have previewed and edited that post a little but the fact of the matter is that alot of posts in this forum have been dedicated to bashing wireless carriers customer service programs which is not fair they all do there best inmy opinion and i get really annoyed when people who post on this forum base there disapproval of a certain carrier based on one experience because they didn't get the right answers from customer service. LOok forward to more teasing on my posts

CellguyNY
    The one New Yorker who has a decent sense of humor "sometimes"