Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

The Tail Wagging the Dog?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by ponderpoint, Jul 20, 2007.

1. ponderpoint

ponderpoint New Member

Who's in charge? Shentel (Shenandoah Personal Communications Company) or Sprint? While on a trip we lost a phone and quickly located a Sprint store to kill the lost phone. The rep pointed out that we were coming up to the end of our contract and asked if we wanted to sign back up. She pointed to the usual free phones and we concluded we might as well do it.

We grabbed our new phones and were on our way only to find one of the phones was defective - it wouldn't take a charge. Sprint said to take it back to any Sprint store and they would replace it. Gave us the exact location of a store and indeed, it "appeared" to be a Sprint store.

The store Sprint directed us to was operated by Shentel with no identifying logos or signs saying they were "Shentel', and of course, had no reservations about representing themselves as Sprint as long as.... you guessed it - they were signing somebody or selling them a phone. The very second there was a problem - it's Sprints problem, not theirs. We actually had the Sprint people talking to the store reps at one point to no avail.

We have of course, cancelled the contract, something worth thousands of dollars over time to both Sprint AND Shentel (marketing and advertising usually costs about five hundred bucks each lost customer also). This all occuring because of a defective new phone that will be in the garbage in a couple of years? Pretty sad. The kids that were the sales reps are still to immature (I'm not being sarcastic) to realize how much they actually lost in the long run - won the friday night game but lost the state title..... Typical.

For an old company, Shentel also seems to immature to realize that at some point, they need to help the "Sprint" customer for the greater gain of both companies - but what do I know? I'm just one lost customer, I'm sure they'll get more.... Right?

2. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I've heard horror stories from a friend who had to deal them over in Winchester... I don't know the whole story but the merger really screwed things up. Sprint just needs to buy them out and be done with that crap.