Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

The New Nokia

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by rich6880, Jul 14, 2004.

1. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Excitement is starting to build, on this site, regarding the new Nokia flip. I currently have a Nokia, the 3589; as everyone knows it was acquired to avoid reception problems in my home.

Here is my question. Nokia, more or less manufacturers simple bar type phones, known for their reception. Do you think, that if and when they produce flip phones with every known feature, the quality of the phone itself will deteriorate? In general, if a good rf is the primary quality you are looking for would you have a better chance of finding that quality in a cheaper basic phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    I'm going to get that Nokia flip phone no matter what! I love that phone because it's a flip and it's Nokia. It's what i've been waiting for and I think it's going to be for Cingular since they're going to try to launch PTT soon and it's GSM. Sorry CDMA and TDMA people this phone is for GSM :p (JOKE)

3. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    yes, that new nokia flip seems like a real winner... but i really dont see the need for push to talk. could i ask you, or any of you here, why you would like to have push to talk? why are you not satisfied with a simple speaker phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Well it's good for companies. My father is in the landscape business... and if everytime he had to call someone just to ask a question about a job or to tell someone to do this really fast it would be hell. I honestly think phone should NOT have it... but PTT can be very useful. But that's what Nextel is for ;).

5. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I HATE PTT....people walking around chirping....you hearing all these people's life stories and what their plans are for the evening. I don't want strangers knowing my business...I certainly don't want to hear theirs. I guess too many people use PTT as a phone, instead of the quick converstation walkie-talkie type conversation it was meant for. That's because they offer unlimited or close to unlimited PTT minutes and people use that vs. their cell minutes.

6. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    ^ that's why I said it good just for work ;). I hate people using it for other things.

7. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Boy, has this topic ever gotten off track. My original post wants to know, if my primary feature of a phone is good RF, am I better off looking at cheaper models without bells and whistles?

8. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Well that's mostly your preference. Do you want a phone will a lot of good features and good RF? Or do you want to sacrifice features for more money and still have good RF? Totally your choice...

9. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    To rephrase, Are bells and whistles included and the expense of RF? A phone is only so large and can hold only so many components. Would the RF components tend to be larger and better in a plain phone, like a Nokia?

10. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    No it dosn't! :) The 8900 & 6000 for Verizon have very good RF. With Sprint you have phones like the Samsung a680 which has a lot of features including video. With GSM you have the Moto V600 which has a ton of features. And some higher end Siemens phones like the s56 have great RF. The s56 is about a thrid of the size of the 3589i. :D