Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

The "New" Alltel Wireless FAQ

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by M in LA, Jul 31, 2010.

1. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    As the purchase of the last remaining assets of old Alltel by Atlantic Tele-Network (operating under their Allied Wireless Communication Corporation subsidiary) has been completed, ATN (Allied) has decided to relaunch the "Alltel" brand.

Below is the FAQ information section from the "New" Alltel site (and does NOT apply to the portions of old Alltel merged with Verizon and purchased by AT&T):

From: http://www.alltel.com (accessed by entering zip code 62959 - Marion, Illinois)

(Business customers, refer to the link above for specific information regarding your accounts)

Here is a map of the areas now owned by ATN that comprise the new Alltel (Thanks to Cellular Maps.com - ATN Coverage: Alltel, Commnet & CC Communications for this map):

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 M in LA, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    I saw that FAQ like 2 months ago, and I'm so happy...nothing has ever changed for me, we still have Alltel in Gaffney SC.
    Though I do notice a little signal loss near the Spartanburg county border to the west where the Verizon network was integrated.

At least it hands off the call from Alltel to Verizon when crossing into Spartanburg County from Cherokee County (B-side to A-side),

Thats not the case when going from Anderson County to Greenville,
    Your call on Alltel will drop about 2 miles from the Greenville county line while heading north on I-85 near exit 39.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Cool... I still have my old Alltel prepaid plan, although my phone number had been moved to Verizon wireless months ago. I switched to a Verizon phone back in April and I still default to the Alltel towers when I go thru south Georgia ;)

*Only have a prepaid phone because I can maintain this accounty by making 1 billable call per month LOL