Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Motorola The Motorola Stock Ringtone Thread

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Jay2TheRescue, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Follow-up to my own post ... I downloaded Classic.mp3 and loaded it on my Motorola Z6tv. I can see it in the ringtone list and can play it, but cannot set it as a ringtone. Anyone know why this is? Thanks for your input.

2. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    OK, one more time, I answered my own question, thanks to helpful info from elsewhere in this forum ( see Post # 10 in http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/razr-phones/59314-can-i-text-myself-midi-make.html ). After downloading the mp3 ringers I wanted, and sending them to the my_ringers folder on my phone from the PC desktop, I had to delete both MyToneDB.DB and TmpTneDB.DB from the phone's root directory (/a) and then restart the phone. After that, I could see the new ringtones in the phone's list, and could also set them as ringtones.

3. WaddleDee

WaddleDee New Member

Hey, Does anyone have the Moonlit Haze for the v325i? It is my fave version of Moonlit Haze. Does anyone have any more versions of Moonlit haze? I love that tune.

Thanks and Please

4. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My wife just upgraded from a V325i to a W755. If I can get to the ringtones, I'll try to get Moonlit Haze for you, but I'll need to figure out which version of P2kCommander works with the V325i, so that I can get to the files and pull them from the phone.

5. WaddleDee

WaddleDee New Member

Thank you! Thanks!:biggrin:
    If you can get to it, could you get the Sunshine too? Thats all I would like

Thanks soooo much, Life is not life without the v325i's version of Moonlit Haze and Sunshine!

6. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    WaddleDee ...

I had to do a little trial-and-error, but was able to find a version of P2kCommander (3.3.4) that allowed me to access the files on my wife's now retired V325i. Was able to find the ringtones in /a/motorola/shared/audio, and will attach them for you. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything in there named "Moonlit Haze" ... could it be named something else? I'm including "Sunshine," "____tail," and "Sensation." Let me know if you want any others. :D

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  7. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Thanks... It would be greatly appreciated if you could contribute any ringtones that aren't already listed in the thread, that way if someone is looking for them in the future we already have them.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  8. WaddleDee

WaddleDee New Member

Thank you those, I feel like I have my old phone now! :) Lovin it.

I am suprised that Moonlit Haze isn't there, are you sure? Attached is what it sounds like, but not the exact version, maybe that could help...

Yes, as with Jay, I do thank and appreciate the efforts and if you could post more, that would be awsome! :) EMAIL REMOVED

Attached Files:

#128 WaddleDee, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
  9. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    YW, WaddleDee. I double-checked, but didn't see Moonlit Haze in my wife's file system anywhere. I even played the mp3 file you sent, but she said it didn't sound familiar.

Jay, I'll look thru the thread to see if any of the other Moto V3325i ringtones are listed, and will upload any that I don't find.

10. WaddleDee

WaddleDee New Member

Huh?!? That doesn't make sense... :eek:

I found my v325i and it has it, what do I need to do inorder for me to get Moonlit Haze and others off? And what version of P2k COmmander did you use? Thanks in advance! :)

11. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    "I had to do a little trial-and-error, but was able to find a version of P2kCommander (ver 3.3.4) that allowed me to access the files on my wife's now retired V325i. Was able to find the ringtones in /a/motorola/shared/audio ..."

Using Motorola Software Update (MSU) and P2K 3.3.4, I was able to get to the files and copy them to my PC's desktop. " Moonlit Haze" wasn't in /a/motorola/shared/audio where the other ringtones were, so I looked in the other directories, but couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe you had a different software version with different ringtones on your V325i (?). Anyway, glad to hear you're enjoying the other ones I uploaded.

12. WaddleDee

WaddleDee New Member

Woah, I am on my phone tru P2k commander, and it doesn't show moonlit haze, even though I can play it on my phone right now...

13. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Some tones on Motorola phones are built into thephone's OS, and can't be extracted with P2K.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    So how would you choose it as a ringtone ... shouldn't it still show up in the list? I went into the menus on my wife's V325i (Get Tunes & Tones), but Moonlit Haze isn't in there. (BTW, the SW version on her phone is MLNBT1_01.11.00R.)

15. WaddleDee

WaddleDee New Member

Hmm That is strange. Moonlit Haze appears on the menu like any other sound, but is built into the OS so I can't download the file.

My SW version is MLNBT1_01.11.00R too.

16. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Not all phones will have all the tones that are built into the OS available. On those phones you have to hack into the phone's OS to activate them. Not recommended for beginners.

-Jay

17. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Jay, what software would I need to try to hack the OS on my wife's old V325i? I'd like to give it a shot (after I have uploaded the rest of her ringtones to this forum). Are there any basic tutorials on OS hacking that I might want to look at? I'd still like to try to find Moonlit Haze if it's on the phone, plus I just like trying new things like this (my wife thinks I'm such a nerd! :rolleyes:)

18. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Unforutnately I never had a CDMA phone. Motorola's CDMA offerings had different software than the GSM models. The same software did not work. Maybe newer versions of the software would now, I'm not sure. I haven't used a Motorola on a daily basis in about 3 years. The basic principle was the same though. Here's what was involved.

1, Find a chart of hacks available for your model phone (Called a Seem Map)
    2. Download the phone's OS to your computer with a USB cable
    3. Open the OS in a hex editor and locate the areas in the OS you would like to change, and make the changes.
    4. Save the new file.
    5. Upload the new file back to your phone.

There used to be a fantastic resource to do this, motomodders.net, but they are no longer around. Check in our Motorola forum, under the CDMA models for more current information.

-Jay

19. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Moto V325i ringtones

Uploading more of the stock V325i ringtones; already uploaded Sunshine, ____tail, and Sensation (Post # 126).

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  20. Celljimian

Celljimian New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Z6tv
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Jay2TheRescue ...

Thanks for your help. Since I have never hacked a cellphone's OS, I have a couple of questions for you. Remember, if I do this, it will be on my wife's retired Moto V325i (I'm not about to mess with my Z6tv unless I really feel compelled to do so, and unless I know what I'm doing!). I made sure to upload a few more of the ringtones before trying to hack the old phone.

First, I have the phone connected to my PC thru a USB cable, and can see the file structure using P2K 3.3.4 (it's slow, but it works). Now, how do I actually download the OS to my PC? I have copied /a to the desktop, but I'm not sure that's what you meant. I assume I would want to keep the original OS in some kind of backup form just in case things go wrong.

Next, I downloaded a free hex editor (HexEdit). Do I use that to open the OS ... again, I'm not sure if you are talking about specific files/folders that are part of the phone's file structure.

I also found a Seem Map for the Moto Vxxx (incl. the V300 series). Is that what I need to refer to when making any changes?

I realize that I won't actually be able to use the phone to make calls unless we reactivate it some day. I just like learning new stuff like this (even at my age ... I get tired of hearing people say they can't learn about computers, etc., because they're over 50!). Anyway, any I really appreciate any direction you can give to get me started. I'm all ears! :bigear:

21. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    First of all, let me tell you that the seem map you have is for a GSM phone, and if you try to use that list of hacks you will brick your phone.

I'm really not familiar with hacking CDMA Motorolas as I have never owned one. I do know that they are different than the GSM models.

Check in the Motorola forum, there's a thread (I think its stickied as well) that discusses CDMA hacking.

-Jay

22. heidinjeff

heidinjeff New Member

My Phone:
    LG Glimmer x2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    All i want for Christmas is my Twirl ring tone... LOL.

23. Twilight2k

Twilight2k New Member

Still looking for the "Attention" ringtone from the Cingular V3 RAZR. I followed several suggestions on this site but I'm afraid I'll wreck my phone trying some of the advanced stuff...I'm a complete noob with this. Thanks.

24. Heavy Fluid

Heavy Fluid Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    This can be a helpful site.

mark.cdmaforums.com/

25. sston011

sston011 New Member

hey...is there any way u can post the wind chime ringtone as WAV or Mp3 format. I am trying to put it on my tmobile dash but it doesnt take midi files. Thanks

26. mkb80

mkb80 New Member

It may sound funny, but when I changed phones I lost some ringtones that I identified with certain family members and friends, its great to have them back.:)

Thanks so very much:biggrin:

.•*´¨)
    `¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.• (~mkb80~) •

27. bob645

bob645 New Member

I was unable to extract the actual midi files from this phone so I did the next best thing. I took it apart, connected the speaker leads to a mixer and fed it into my sound card rendered to mp3 using cool edit.
    I give you twirl.mp3

Attached Files:

#147 bob645, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
    2 people like this.
  28. bob645

bob645 New Member

Some more T730 goodness :)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  29. regnar11b

regnar11b New Member

I looked through your posts so far and think its awesome that you are posting the old ringtones. However I was looking for two ringtones from my old motorola v600, one is Kaleidoscope and the other is Ambient mood, but the ambient mood on the v600 was different then the one you have posted here. On the v600 it is fast and has several bells chiming. If you have any ideas that would be awesome.
    Thanks

30. nkx1

nkx1 New Member

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread! I have been looking for hours all over the web for these, and I finally found them here.

I was also wondering if anyone may have one from the original unlocked Razr V3 called CLOUDS?

Thanks in advance!