Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

The iPhone

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by Sara419, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Sara419

Sara419 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
  2. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    One of the comments asked whether it would have the capability to play video? If that's the case, I'd seriously consider getting it just for that and Itunes.

For people who have tons of songs, this may not be right for them since the phone itself doesn't have a HD and all the money would be spent on TF cards.

3. Sara419

Sara419 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

That's a good point. I wonder how many songs can you play on this phone and can it play videos.

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Mini hard drives and removable memory are going to push technology to the point where every phone is a megapixel camera/video camera/MP3 player/message center. This is the first step in the right direction but I'll wait for the iTunes clamshell, thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Sara419

Sara419 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You mean they're making a flip iTunes phone? :wink:

6. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm sure they will eventually... I hope.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Please stop calling it the iPhone. This phone isn't anything special people. It doesn't work very well. I'd give it 50% odds of ever being released as Cingular seems to be unsure and nobody else wants it.

If this iTunes thing ever comes together for cell phones... Apple just has an awful product, it will be released on many cell phones including flip phones.

8. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Bono - while I'm with you on not calling it the 'iPhone' (although there are references to 'the iPod phone' in iTunes 4.9), I don't agree that Apple has an "awful" product in iTunes. To say you don't like it is one thing, but to universally condemn it is another.

9. Sara419

Sara419 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thank you for that point! ;)

10. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm not saying iTunes in general is an awful product, I specially mentioned the cell phone version is what is awful. It just doesn't work very well on cell phones. (If you can get it to work at all)

Critic I expected better of you than rabid Apple fan boy responses. If anyone dares to speak ill of Apple the response is always amazing.

11. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Bono - I'd like to think my response was a little more measured than that of the 'rabid Apple fanboys'. I was simply responding this this statement:

Had that been qualified as 'Apple just has an awful MOBILE product', you'd never have heard a peep from me. I just wanted to make the distinction clear.

And, for the record, while I've been an Apple owner for a good 16 years or so, I'll be the first to call out Steve Jobs on a monumentally stupid decision, or a bad product. Hell, I was scared s**tless when he made the Intel announcement. I just happen to think that iTunes, like the iPod, is a solid product that works as advertised. If that makes me a fanboy...

12. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    This phone look very similar to the E398. I'm guessing the only difference between the two is the addition of iTunes?

13. Sara419

Sara419 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    \

It's hard to believe that Apple would think of designing a phone with iTunes. ;)

14. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'll try to be more careful next time. My use of an ellipsis may have invalidated the previously established noun of the sentence, that being the cell phone iTunes client. Under normal grammar rules it would have been incorrect to restate the subject of the sentence as you suggest. However the ellipsis does introduce an interesting question, as by definition it is intended for incomplete sentences to begin with. This is why software engineers aren't English majors I guess.

All that aside, let me be clear. Both Motorola and Apple have created a dud of a phone. Apple has created a buggy piece of crap iTunes client for cell phones, and Motorola has provided an awful interface to said client as well as poor hardware support. And once again for the record, Apple had zero input into this phone beyond the iTunes portion. It is well documented that Motorola prepared two announcements for this phone many months ago and the one that we never saw had Real Player as their MP3 client. They were prepared to go with Real Player had Apple not come to terms at the final moment, proving that Apple truely has had no hand in guiding the development of this phone or any other.

Although I'm sure at Macworld Steve Jobs will claim otherwise and the Apple faithful will sing his praises and reinvent history.

15. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Fair enough. =)

16. Sara419

Sara419 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I really believe Apple and Motorola need more time to design a better iTunes phone. They're getting competition from Sony because they're coming out with phones that plays MP3s. ;)

17. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Most phones play MP3s already. And again, Apple has nothing to do with designing phones! Give it up Apple fans, it just isn't happening. There will be no iPod phones, or white super expensive phones with an Apple logo on them, or anything else. Motorola is just slapping iTunes into their new phones.

Also lets call the phone by it's actual name, E1.

18. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    For people who listen to mp3's on their commute will mean 2-3 days of battery life tops for some of these phones.

Seriously, Apple should look into an Ipod with video capabilities. That would be pretty amazing.

19. Sara419

Sara419 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think that will be their next gig! ;)

20. bonoriffic

bonoriffic Senior Member

My Phone:
    V9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah I have one of those already, it is called a PSP. MP3, games, wireless network, pictures, DVD quality movies, and it plays videos, more importantly Tivo shows. Cheaper than the photo iPods too.

There are also Media Centers which also do everything an iPod does plus video for a cheaper price.

21. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Man, I forgot about this ancient thread! We have some soothsayers on this site, don't we! ;)

22. lufelepe

lufelepe New Member

Hello i´m spanish, and i´m very interesting to buy an iphone mobile, but in spain isn´t on sale.
    Anybody knows how i can to obtain one of this? I would be really gratefull with you.
    Anybody can buy a iphone in USA for me? previous payment.

Thanks and excuse me for my bad english

23. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    iPhone at AT&T.com