Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Texting In Mexico

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by ShanitaMarie, May 26, 2010.

1. ShanitaMarie

ShanitaMarie New Member

I will be traveling to Mexico over the summer. I have been burned with roaming and LD fees from Alltel in the past. I have been told from Alltel customer support that texting while in Mexico will not charge me any more then what I have on my plan right now. They have told me I will recieve NO roaming charges if I text to the US while in Mexico.

I have read this from the Alltel site:

With International Text Messaging from Alltel, you can send text messages to people around the globe. Now friends, family and business associates on a participating carrier's network are just a text away. And it costs the same as texting someone next door. So don't let distance keep you from staying in touch. Spread the word to the world with International Text Messaging today.

It seems kind of non specific and full of catchs...

Will I be charged extra fees if I text while in Mexico?

2. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    I would say the answer is yes, you will be charged extra. The paragraph you cited from Alltel's web site is for sending texts from inside the USA to a foreign recipient.

royc