Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

text messaging to nextel

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by frustratedv, Aug 26, 2006.

1. frustratedv

frustratedv New Member

anyone have trouble sending/recieving text messages from nextel phones? sometimes it takes up to an hour for my text to be delivered...and sometimes it doesnt get delivered at all. is it verizon or nextel?

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The problem is on Nextel's side, Nextel and Boost Mobiles text messaging is AWFUL. The Nextel network still uses the old system of text messaging by web which is slow and unreliable.

3. rwsrichard

rwsrichard Guest

No problem, so far with VZW.

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i have Boost Mobile and the whole network is IP-based so like TNDan21 said.........its really slow......

whats funny is.......a friend sent me a text message and i got it a week later....despite the fact that it says in their txting infor that if you receive a message on you phone when it isn't on it will sit in your inbox for 72 hours and then will get automatically deleted......lol???? :D

i hate their txting but i deal with it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NJ_Pubcrawler

NJ_Pubcrawler Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Nextel
    I have a Nextel through work and notice the same thing. Texting from handset to handset (even within the Nextel network) can be very slow sometimes. On the opposite side of coin, my company uses Nextel for enterprise paging and we have found that messages sent to Nextel phones via SNPP are delivered within seconds (I timed it once and received a message 3 seconds after sending it).

If only the rest of their service worked that well.

6. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    im not sure wat protocol other companies use for their messaging services but it might be the same as the SNPP that your talking about

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. frustratedv

frustratedv New Member

thanks for the input. i have realized that when i send texts that end up being a double text to nextel users they never get them. my bf has a nextel bb through work. i didnt realize i was even sending a double text until i started investigating. he seems to get the short texts, but anything over 100 characters is lost in texting cyberspace. but those, like i said before can take an hour...and almost never get delivered instantly like vzw texts. very annoying!!!

8. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah i agree......although on good days when Nextel's IP connection isn't too crazy it might go through in 5 mins which is still slow but its better than an hour.....ive also noticed that if i send too many texts rapid-fire the the messaging service will just timeout????!!!! Kinda weird because I know this doesn't happen for other carriers but I learn to deal with it until some changes occur

9. rwsrichard

rwsrichard Guest

Now we are having problems with VZW completing calls.

As soon as you dial another cell number, it goes immediately to their voicemail.

VZW said it just started doing that today and they are looking into it.

10. frustratedv

frustratedv New Member

i often have trouble calling my bf on nextel as well. sometimes it goes straight to voicemail, or the line is dead for a minute or so before it either rings or goes directly to voicemail. how annoying. when is nextel going to figure out how to function?

11. frustratedv

frustratedv New Member

also when there are storms...don't even try calling/texting/etc to a nextel user...they will never get it!