Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

text message being delayed and other strange things?

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by johnner1999, Sep 28, 2008.

1. johnner1999

johnner1999 Junior Member

Both me and my wife have 3G iPhones - and well I love Apple but really starting to dislike these devices.

issues:

- sending text message to each other seems to be fine one moment and the next it could take 1 minute or even a couple hours before she gets it.

- at times we will get notified twice when a text comes in; once when it 1st arrives and the a 2nd one, minutes to hours later?

- a ton of dropped calls even in strong reception areas.

I really want to leave AT&T and the iPhone but none of the phones I have tried have that "magical" apple like way of doing these. - Tried the Instinct, the Dare and a BlackBerry Curve.

is any one else noticing these wired things?

2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well the text message delays are an AT&T thing and so are the dropped calls...........getting text messages twice seems to be a combination of phone and tower.......this in general just seems to be an AT&T problem in your area because 3 of my friends have 2G iPhones on AT&T and they have none of these problems

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    This is the only one I can perhaps offer you some suggestion. Typically this is a quirk of many Smartphones. Do not close out the texting application immediately following sending a message, see if this helps. Good luck. :)
    ...and your reason for coming to this profound conclusion is? :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I used to get duplicate messages all the time and I'm on Sprint. So it's not just an AT&T thing. Being on the border of two different network switches can do that. Since I got the Airave I haven't had more duplicates.

5. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    I highly recommend the 2.1 upgrade if you havent done it already.

I have seen multiple compaints from iphone customers about dropped calls and phones acting up. From the complaints I have seen the 2.1 update seems to fix the performance issues the iphone 3G is having.

As a comparison I have taken my Tilt which is on a comparable level to the iphone to some of area where people had complaints and I had no issues.

I have double sent test just due to hit the send button again on accident.

If you are in a poor coverage area for 3G I recommend turning on GSM only unless you need data. The iphone has good audio even in GSM only areas.

Just an FYI The Tilt can duplicate or mimic the iphone on just about any level. Plus you have to love the removeable and upgradeable battery, easily tweaked and much support OS and an actual keyboard. I have played with a dozen or so Iphones and I still love the Tilt. The Tilt does give off a stuffy businessmans vibe when its at the ATT store with its stock display screen and out of the box you need the stylus for almost everything. I have mine with big icons and hardly ever use the stylus anymore.

I would try the 2.1 upgrade and try just GSM mode for the time being, good luck I hope things work out.