Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Testing Coverage?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by tygger, Jan 18, 2006.

1. tygger

tygger Junior Member

How can I test out Sprint's service before I fully commit to the 2yr agreement? If I order the phone from Sprints site to get the SERO plan, can I test it for a few days to see if I like the coverage or not?

And if I decide that i want to keep it, can I later port my number over from my current provider???

Thanks

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I believe Sprint has a 14 day trial period where you can try out the service, and cancel w/in 2 weeks w/o an ETF. You also may want to try asking at a Sprint store if they have a phone that they can loan to you for a couple of days for trial purposes. Some stores will do that for you. My Dad's company bought everyone new phones, but kept the old phones active for an extra 2 months so that no customer calls would be lost. After 2 months the old numbers were ported to the new phones, so this shouldn't be an issue.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You can also get a Virgin Mobile PrePay phone, they use Sprint's network. And you can port your number over at a later date. I did it when I ported from Cingular to Sprint, and I just did the same with my mom's number.

4. tygger

tygger Junior Member

Cool. I didnt know Virgin Mobil uses Sprint's network.

When you port over your number from your previous provider, do you also have to notify them about the port and/or notify them to cancel?

5. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You do not need to notify your old provider. Once the port is made that line is canceled, and the account is closed (if their are no other numbers on the account).

6. tygger

tygger Junior Member

Thanks for verifying. I just filled out the $25 Sprint referral and they asked for my current Sprint number so I will port my number from Cingular once I get the referral money to avoid any confusions.

I do have other numbers on my Cingular account so hopefully they'll just close the one line I port over.