Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Teenager needs phone/plan; I have $30SERO Plan

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by NanCo63, Oct 29, 2009.

1. NanCo63

NanCo63 New Member

Hi, I would like some advise.

My teenage son is in need of a phone/plan. I have the SERO $30 plan and don't want to give that up.

I've looked at the cost of upgrading to a family plan for both of us vs. just getting him his own plan. Cost wise, it isn't much different. He would primarily text and is supposed to use the phone/text minimally (Calls for rides, let us know where he is, etc.) and not to talk/text to his friends all day and night.

I have also thought about seeing if I could get a referral and move to the new EPRP plan. My SERO plan still works great for me. I sometimes text but probably not enough to make it worth paying for a text plan. It will renew in July. I was able to get a new phone when I renewed last time, with no problem.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks.

2. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Don't give up your $30 SERO plan. You'll never find a better deal. Switching to a family plan on Sprint probably wont be worth it either.

Have you looked at no contract options?

T-Mobile is 39.99/mo for talk and text.

Page plus is another great option... 1,200 Minutes / 1,200 SMS/MMS / 50 MB Data for $30 a month. It runs on Verizon's network.

Best of all, wild phone bills can't happen when you are on no contract / prepaid.

I highly recommend either one of those options.

3. crood

crood Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Moment
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Are you only looking at Sprint, or are you open to a other options. That might be you're best choice on price. There are several MVNO's that use Sprint's Network, so the service wouldn't different. You can even avoid signing a contract.

4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You should also look into Boost Mobile if Nextel's coverage in your area is acceptable. The service is $50 a month and includes no taxes or other charges. For the $50 monthly charge he would receive Unlimited Calling, Unlimited TXT/PIX messages, Unlimited Mobile Web, and Unlimited Walkie Talkie. Another advantage to this is if you have Unlimited Mobile to Mobile calling on your SERO line calling to/from his line will count as an Unlimited MTM call.

No Contract Prepaid Cell Phones & Unlimited Plan | Boost Mobile | unwronged