Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

TDMA 800 Mhz. on Cingular's Nationwide Plan..

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by RUMMY, May 24, 2002.

1. RUMMY

RUMMY New Member

Hi, I was wondering what localities/metropolitan areas within the "Nationwide Plan" for Cingular Wireless, and roaming partners, operate under the 800 Mhz. band or have 800 Mhz. towers present? The following states/metropolitan areas, to the best of my knowledge, have 800 Mhz. Towers:

Philadelphia/SoutherEastern PA, Southern New Jersey, Northern New Jersey/New York City via 800 Mhz. AT&T Wireless, Los Angeles via 800 Mhz. AT&T Wireless.

Could you list metroplitan areas where Cingular has its network established (unlike New York where one roams of ATT), and whether this area is 800 or 1900 Mhz?

2. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

Cingular is majority 800 mhz in every market excluding (Tulsa,Ok) and the Cali and Nevada and the state of Washington.

3. RUMMY

RUMMY New Member

Wow, quick response, thanks. I see WirelessAdvisor has a databse of carriers/frequencies from the main page, is this information pretty accurate? I see they have AT&T listed both as 800/1900 for Santa Barbara, California?

4. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Those are licenses, so they may have a license to supply it there but don't.

5. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    The Carolina's and Northern Idaho are also GSM on Cingular.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dukedog

Dukedog Senior Member

That is true ILUVSOCAL I had ran out of time while making the post.

7. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Cingular is also GSM in Eastern Tennessee, Eastern Georgia, and a small part of SouthWest Virginia.

8. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    This is something I don't know much about, but here is what I know where I've been:

Boston, MA and Providence, RI: TDMA 800 (Cingular's own network)
    Hartford and eastern CT: TDMA 800(Cingular's own network)
    Southwest CT: 800 Mhz Analog in System A (via Verizon), and 800Mhz TDMA System B (Via SNET). Also, 1900Mhz TDMA via other carriers.

NYC/North NJ (Via AT&T): 800Mhz TDMA (GSM1900 Via Voicestream soon)
    Central and South Jersey and Philadelphia: 800Mhz TDMA (Cingular's own network)
    Tampa, Orlando, Miami, and Fort Myers, FL: 800Mhz TDMA (via AT&T in Orlando and Tampa area)(Cingular's own network in Miami and Ft Myers)

Washington DC/Baltimore/East VA: 800Mhz TDMA(Cingular's own network)

Atlanta, GA: 1900Mhz TDMA (not sure about carrier). Also 800Mhz analog (via Verizon)

Chicago: 800Mhz TDMA(Cingular's own network)

Houston, TX: 800Mhz TDMA (Via AT&T)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. RUMMY

RUMMY New Member

Bobolito, the information is appreciated, it seems 800 Mhz. is king for Cingular here in the Northeast. How about San Francisco, Las Vegas, and northern New York? Regarding Houston, I was under the impression Cingular had their own 800 mhz. towers established there (Houston Cellular formerly??).

10. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    About Houston, I just double checked and you are right, I was referring to San Antonio and not Houston. The last time I was in San Antonio my phone was using AT&T at 800Mhz. In Houston though Cingular must have bought Houston Cellular.

About upstate NY is mostly Cingular 800Mhz. I believe Albany and Buffalo are both on Cingular 800Mhz.

The West coast of the US is mostly on Cingular GSM system but I am not sure if it is 800 or 1900 Mhz.