Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Talk time, on your phone?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Jerro, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I doubt gaiacomm said something like that. They should know better. But whoever said the US is "skipping UMTS and going straight to 4G" is smoking something bad.

BTW, where is gaiacomm anyway? I miss all the corporate non-sense he used to post here. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Lol who knows, he should go over to HoFo and convince people that 4G is better :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sure 4G is better, but until all the 'smoke-and-mirrors' become real facts, all the brainwashing blah-blah-blah and non-sense is not worth 2 cents to anyone.

4. ShoresGuy

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    No doubt, 3G hasn't really taken off here in Germany. Most people I know are still sticking with 2G. UMTS data cards/handsets are widely available through T-Mobile, Vodafone, E-Plus and O2 but they didn't gauge the amount of interest they expected by promoting wide-scale UMTS launches last year.

5. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    So, it seems that 3 days of light talk is about it for most CDMA phones.

6. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

We are still around. We at Gaiacomm International apreciate your comments.

We will demostrate a functional 4G Global wireless communications system next year. You can call up the postings of the past if you wish to get a breif technical overview of the 4G system.

Tickets to the demo will be free and we will formally announce it thru the appropiate news outlets. So enjoy your current drop calls, high price, not as advertised systems, dead zones, 2G not 3G, numerous cell sites, etc. until then.

7. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Saturday I talked about 4 hours straight on my V551 and the battery still showed an almost full battery charge.

8. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    LOL! Sure .... I am sure dropped calls, dead spots, etc. will be non-existent when that technology arrives. I can't wait! :lmao: :rolleyes: :loony:

Oh well! I guess everyone has the right to dream. ;)

9. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

Excellent...we will make sure you get one of the first service contracts so you can LOL on the 4G network..(smile)

10. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    We are still waiting. The only technical information that can be found are from 'Gaiacomm' postings in ten's of user forums like this one. Many have banned the postings as fraud and hoaxes. Any way, an odd way of doing business. One can never find any solid information, test results, as real news items. The Gaiacomm web page is useless. You have to wonder what is up when the Gaiacomm postings and some new releases also claim that 'it' can be used to find oil, sunken ships, WMD's. Some even say it can be used as a weapon to destroy non- friendly countries!

You have to wonder if there are more than one Gaiacomm's out there, some in CA, others in Florida. But why are forums like these the only outlet for information? I think I remember someone trying to sell these idea to big corp's in the '90s. Most of the technological claims on being able to find lost treasure, people in the woods medical imaging, and oil was deemed false and impossible, from a physics perspective. Where's the Beef? I don't know, but sure would like to see real independent information on this. So we wait...

Gaiacomm Corp. Announces 4G Technology Development for the Global Wireless Communications Industry

November 6, 2001

Gaiacomm Corp., a California development-stage, research and development global wireless communications company, announced its plan to build a prototype heater/antenna telecommunications system that will demonstrate 4G global wireless communications technology as most wireless technology companies continue to develop 3G technology.

As contemplated, the "Global Wireless Communication" technology, "GWC," will primarily function via a network of land-based heater/ antennas, enabling data transmission rates up to 29 times faster, with 100% reliable connections, no inter-connection or roaming charges or loss of data and no dropped calls.

Rather than depend upon line-of-sight or satellite systems as wireless communications systems do currently, Gaiacomm believes its infrastructure will effect signals at frequency levels much higher and lower than current radio signal transmissions by propagating and "bouncing" transmissions off the Earth's ionosphere to deliver strong signals globally, thereby enabling communication between any two points on Earth.

Within approximately 16 months, Gaiacomm will unveil the prototype, demonstrating 4G wireless communications technology.

11. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Yeah, Where's the beef?

BTW: Isn't Gaiacomm's post a little off-topic in this thread anyway?

12. ShoresGuy

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    There's nothing new in what has been posted by gaiacomm. Press releases are one thing but the real network performance is what matters to me.

13. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Not wanting to continue off topic, but my point was in 2001, they were only 16 months away from a demo, now in 2005, they are still saying next year and we've never even seen proof of a demo!

14. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I used to work for a company like that developing and testing their new hi-tech toys. All their marketing bluff was pure smoke and mirrors. I hated all the brochures and literature I had to put up with. Just promises with nothing substantial. The company is still alive, but instead of moving forward, they are just going sideways. Most of the things they try never take off, so they have to move on to something else. I wonder how long they will be like this before their capital runs out.

15. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

There is enough data on the internet about the gaiacomm technology to at least give a basic understanding of the governing dynamics of the system.

A feature on the gaiacomm system will be allowing more talktime by increasing minutes at an affordable price and using state of the art battery technology to give you more time to use the features of your phone.

Its understandable that you will not find the gaiacomm technology in Nature magazine or other peer reviews until the politics have been worked out.

Its hard to explain to shareholders of ATT that a small startup developed a wireless system that works as designed and cheaper to operate. And that 2 and 3G are just fixes not advances. Just a little more time to get past the corporate and university egos to let us show you the consumer our results.

This 4G technololgy is for you not for us.

16. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

Gaiacomm is managed by engineers and scientists that were either forced to retire or layed off after downsizing from the MAJORS. That also comes with experience to realize that if you wish to be competitive in the market you keep your technology close to you until the right time.

If you publish you open the doors for others to beat you to the mark. Take a look at history to see what happened to those engineers that talked too much!

17. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

We have enough to last a very long time....

18. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

I agree. You will get an opportunity to see the results. Europe is more accepting and less control freaks for testing new ideas.

19. ShoresGuy

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Come on, European UMTS networks launched just in the last couple years. Most people haven't even gotten UMTS phones yet since there isn't enough interest in that technology yet. Don't expect any 4G networks here for some time to come.

Now if you were to take Japan or South Korea into consideration, they'd be the first since they've had 3G networks for the longest time and tend to be ahead of everyone else.

20. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

Yes, that is correct.

21. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I'm sorry but I have to completely disagree with that statement. History has proven otherwise. New ideas like the ones that gave birth to CDMA were tested here in the US. In addition, who do you think created technologies like OFDM and WiMAX? Qualcomm and Flarion are American companies. Just look at yourself in the mirror. You guys are not European are you? Yet you are promising to take the world by storm with your 4G technology, right?

Europeans have always been forced by their goverments to stick to one technology rather than letting the carriers explore new options, so who are the real control freaks? Here in the US, companies like Sprint/Nextel are already experimenting with things like OFDM and WiMAX. UMTS did not originate in Europe. Thanks to Qualcomm and DoCoMo we have UMTS today.

Besides the good'ol GSM, what other fresh new ideas do you think Europeans are bringing to the telecommunications industry today?

#51 bobolito, Dec 1, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  22. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Exactly. Let me take this a step further Bobolito, if I may. If you look deeper you will find:

• The telephone: American
    • Radio: American
    • Electric light: American
    • Electronic Computers: American

All these technologies are wrapped up in a compact, lightweight device we now call the cell phone. Others may improve upon it here and there, but the origins can all be traced back to Americans. The American system encourages development and exploration of new technologies. We may not be the first to implement them full-scale, and I'm not saying that others aren't improving on that base technology, but if you look at where it all started you will find Americans.

23. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Actually there is no information on the web about Gaiacomm technology except for your own postings on sites like this one. And given the encylcopedic nature of your postings on WA, it seems opposed to your concern about 'engineers that talked too much' or 'keeping technology close'. So it is a bit odd. What the CEO claims on the Gaiacomm website is absurd. Besides 4G for phones, Gaiacomm terahertz technology can:

"...install our imaging technology at any port where cargo shipments from terrorists could be a problem, ... within 90 seconds, scan over ten thousand parcels in an area the size of a football field and identify every weapon of mass destruction, terrorist device and pathogen known to the software"

or

"Sunken ships, same thing. You want to dive on old shipwrecks looking for treasure; determine if your cargo vessel went down where you suspect and whether the cargo is salvageable? We’ll tell you where to find the ship and what’s on board without even getting our feet wet."

The most independent reference that I can find is that Gaiacomm International, based in Israel, was purchased by SatComm Systems for their market share of Iridium Satellite phone operations, and has nothing to do with 4G. Is that right? Sadly, the other stuff I find on 'Gaiacomm' is highly suspect, very political and worse...resulting in being banned on other forums.

I can' t imagine if you really are an officer in Gaiacomm, they are too happy about some of your postings. Are you?

Anyhow, enough said, but when you have a demo, independently reported on, please post it. And, BTW, I've personally seen 100's millions of $ thrown away on startups based on Frost & Sullivan's analysis, so I'm not impressed.

#53 viewfly, Dec 1, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  24. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Does this mean that if I had a 4G phone and I stepped on a subway it could beep and alert me that someone has stashed WMD's on the train in an attempt at sabotage, saving my life and others?

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ABSURD.

IF YOU BELIEVE THIS I WILL SELL YOU THE PLANS TO BUILD A CAR THAT RUNS ON DIET CHERRY COKE.

25. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

\

There are fresh new ideas coming from all over the world. The USA is not the center of the technology universe. 4G/terahertz technology is coming one day soon.

26. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

Attached is a PDF document that might shed some light on the reality of 4G technology and why it is quietly being built.

Attached Files:

27. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

Gaiacomm is real as you are real. We choose to follow a different path. As long as we both meet at the end.

28. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I suppose that a 4G phone will be able to make my bed in the morning and then I can use it to wash my clothes and iron them, and then have the phone cook a nice meal. Sure! LOL!

At this pace, we will be able to point this miracle 4G phone at the refrigerator and the phone will scan the fridge and tell us what we need to buy at the grocery store. Or better yet, soon we'll see phones that can go to the Supermarket and do all the shopping for us!:rotfl:

Watch out guys! Gaiacomm will render Star Wars obsolete!

29. gaiacomm

gaiacomm Senior Member

Quite frankly that is not too far from the truth in the near future...:cool:

30. Jay2TheRescue

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    This is doublespeak. Yes, you formulated a reply, but it is ambiguous, vague, and has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Please elaborate on how 4G technology can be used to detect WMD's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.