Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Taking out "AT & T Wireless" out of my Nokia 3200?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Scottyhawaii, May 6, 2004.

1. Scottyhawaii

Scottyhawaii New Member

Aloha dudes and duddettes,

I'm trying to figure out how to take the words out "AT &T Wireless" out of my Nokia 3200. It sux to have the words on my phone cause when I download pix you can't see it cause the words are in the way. Any help is appreciated.

Mahalo,
    Scotty

2. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG enV Touch
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You want to remove the AT&T wireless banner from your phone? I am not sure if AT&T will allow you to do this, I just did a quick goggle search & according to the info I found this is not possible, maybe someone that has AT&T will be able to offer a more definitive answer

3. crzy4cali

crzy4cali New Member

Try This: Enter in *3001#12345# and select Nam1 and go to Edit Alpha Tag Clear it out and put what you want. E-mail:crzy4cali08@bellsouth.net

4. siliconvalley785

My Phone:
    E62, BlackJack, L6, V551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The code sequence you provided works only for TDMA phones. The Nokia 3200 is a GSM/GPRS/EDGE enabled phone.

Pritesh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Is there one for GSM... it hasn't bothered me before but I would like to change my tag, too now that I think about it on my T68i.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. psychephylax

psychephylax New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6560
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (GSM), AT&T (TDMA) , T-Mobile Pre-Pay
    If you spend a few bucks for a cable that you can connect your Nokia to your PC with you can remove the Operator Logo with MobiMB. Along with the AT&T startup logo and a few other things :)

It'll cost you though since it's not a free solution.

7. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    Doesn't the AT&T tag thing tell you that you're on the AT&T Wireless network?

8. psychephylax

psychephylax New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6560
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (GSM), AT&T (TDMA) , T-Mobile Pre-Pay
    Yeah it does...

Some people don't care though so they get rid of it :-D

Also, some people have a plan that doesn't cost anything to roam so it's pointless to see what network you're on.

9. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    getting rid of the ATT logo on the screen may not be possible because of your SIM card. newer SIM cards do not allow you change, or erase, the operator logo. i have an old SIM card from cingular, and i can change and erase the logo whenever i want. aas of right now, i have a blank logo, which makes the CINGULAR disappear.

now, i put in my friend's SIM card in my phone to see if the new SIM card she has would allow the blank logo to appear, and no, it didnt. as soon as i tuned the phone on with her newer SIM card, CINGULAR appeared on the screen. i tried this also with another person's newer SIM and the same thing happened.

as soon as i put my older SIM card in, the logo was gone.

so the best thing is to try it. you can download the program MobiMb (either pay for it or download it through Kazaa or something) and get a cable for your phone, and change it like that, or simply download a blank logo through WAP.