Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T809 How 2 Download From Cell To Pc

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Liva2006, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Liva2006

Liva2006 New Member

:confused: I like my cell T809 but am new in using it. I have tried to get my photos from cell to pc and am not able to do it. It just won't connect using the USB port. Always says "NOT CONNECTED". Although,I have put in the software that came with it. What else can I do to transfer photos to PC? Can they be downloaded to Media Center pictures w/out software?

Appreciate an answer, TY :)

2. t809user

t809user New Member

check your USB settings on the phone. There are two. One is Modem the other Mass Storage. Select Mass Storage and you should be able to transfer files. :)

3. Liva2006

Liva2006 New Member

Thank you :) for ur answer. I checked the USB settings on cell and still did not connect. I first used the two front USB's and then tried the one on the back of PC. Could it be the software, I am wondering? It very frustrating especially when I don't know to much about PC's.

4. t809user

t809user New Member

Make sure you have installed software that came w/ the unit correctly. If not do so. It seems like a driver problem. That would be option number 2 on the software disk. I'll try not to confuse you since you have limited pc knowledge. But here goes...
    After you've re-installed the software to include drivers, connect the unit to any usb port. If you have selected "modem" on your phone, open up your Samsung PC Studio and you should be able to make a connection to your phone by selecting "File" (on the top left) then select "Connection". That will bring up the "Connection Manager". I don't know if your PC has Bluetooth but I know that the phone came with the usb connector so select the "USB". There might a few pop ups that come up regarding the driver. Go ahead and select "search for driver" and and another pop regarding the validity of software but hit "continue anyway".
    There are two ways to upload files to your t809. But first realize that there are 2 storage places on your phone. The internal memory and the memory card. (1) MODEM (if you selected this on your phone), this selection allows you to use their software to transfer file directly to your phone (not the memory card which you know can be upgraded). (2) MASS STORAGE (if this is your selection) will allow you to move files between your pc and your memory card. I don't know what size card you have in your phone. I'll assume it's the 32Mb that came standard. With this connection your computer will recognize your phone as a "removable storage device". Click on "My Computer" and you will see your device. Double click on it and it will open up your folders within the card. From there you can move files between PC and Phone. I hope you understand all this and I hope a haven't confused you. Good Luck!!!

Regarding the phone...Do you know anyone that might want one. I have an extra (brand new T809). I'll let it go cheap or take a trade.;)