Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T193 change to nokia 8290

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Guest, May 9, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I need some help, I was dumb enough to get one of those Motorola T193 phones from voicestream. Unfortunately the phone just completely sucks. I recently got a voicestream 8290 from a friend of mine. I didn't ask where it came from, but it was used. Can I just change the SIM card into that one and start using that phone? Or can I get into trouble using it. I was thinking they could track it through the phone ESn or something. SOmeone please let me know

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yes all you should have to do is take your SIM card out and put it into the new phone. I would be a bit iffy about doing it myself though since you don't know where the phone came from. If its stolen or something you could get in some serious trouble.

3. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Ask where he got the phone. you could also call voicestream and check the esn of the phone

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Yeah, asked where he got it from first; But other than that, just switch the SIM card. It is very easy, not illegal or anything, I do it everytime I do a handset exchange, or buy a new phone. Sometimes me and my friend switch phones.

You make the 6th person that has had problems with that cheap Motorola T193.