Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Zones Outage in Northern Arizona

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Gideon H, May 28, 2005.

1. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    I figured my T-Zones was just acting weird because of me being a new customer, but it turns out that they are upgrading voice and data systems here (that's what they told me). So T-Zones will give you a message like "Your plan does not support this feature." They said it should be fixed my the 31st. And like I said above, they said they're updating voice and data systems. Does this mean the voicemail system is being updated, too?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    No idea, but till the 31st seems like a long time for people that are addicted to using it ;)

3. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Same thing in the Boston area re T-Zones, but we're not scheduled for the voicemail system upgrade until July 5.

According to the list posted on "the other site", Phoenix was to have received the voicemail system upgrade this past week, however some have reported that it did not occur.

T-Zones did not work last Monday evening, when I called them, I was informed that they were upgrading servers in the area and that the upgrades would continue evenings, through May 31.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    T-Zones is back up two days early :). Everything is working fine and at a pretty fast speed, too.

5. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    How fast of speed do you get on your phone Gideon when using T-Zones?

6. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    I don't know how to find out the actual speed unless it's connected with my computer (and I don't have my Bluetooth adapter anymore), but to put it simply nothing takes over two seconds to load. With my V600, it used to take almost 10 seconds sometimes to load WA00.com, but with my E398 over T-Zones it's never more than 2. Hope that gives some explanation. :)

7. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Are you 'allowed' to tether your connection to use on a computer with T-Mobile?? If I have my VZW phone connected to my computer I get at least twice the speed of dial up.

8. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    I did that with my V600 when I still had my Bluetooth adapter. I was allowed to then, and I'm going to buy a new adapter and try it again. I don't know if they'll charge me extra or keep it under my "unlimited t-zones" plan. But to have wireless high-speed for only $5/mo would be nice :D.

9. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    That would be awesome, but not sure if there isn't something in your contract stating you're not allowed to do that...Oh Well, we still do it ;)

10. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    From what I've heard, having only T-Zones enabled on your plan can restrict certain types of connections. In this case, it restricts port 80 connections. Using my phone as a modem could be port 80 and will be restricted. But we'll just wait and see!

11. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I would think that they did something to restrict your phone to work as a modem- but let us know.

12. Gideon H

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Sure thing. If/when my stuff sells on eBay, I'll buy an adapter or data cable right after and try it out.