Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Zones/MSN Messenger

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by MOTOhooligan, Jun 10, 2005.

1. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have tried to access MSN messenger from my Samsung SGH-e315 but I have had no luck. I have the $4.99 unlimited T-Zones WAP access. Each time I try to use messenger I get a message telling me to visit the MSN site and view information on this "premium" service. Does this mean that I have to pay for access to MSN messenger or is it not compatible with T-Zones and/or my e315? Has anyone else had this issue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Not all instant messaging services are available on all phone models.

For example, the Nokia 6010 and more recently made Nokia 3595's have all three (Yahoo, AOL IM, MSN) on them, while the early 3595's only have AOL on them.

It's possible that your Samsung doesn't have MSN on it. Although I do not have a need for instant messaging services, I thought those services were independent of T-Zones. On the Nokia's, the IM services are on their own menu.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The e315 comes with AOL Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger links and I've gone to the MSN Messenger WAP link but I can't use it. Perhaps you're right and the E315 isn't set up to use it. Perhaps when I get my v600 back I can try it on that. Thanks for your help, EdwardP.

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    MSN sometimes requires you to pay an annual fee to use messenger from your phone.

5. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I think that may be it... I don't need messenger that badly on my phone.