Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Wing stops working

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by hughck, Aug 19, 2008.

1. hughck

hughck New Member

I've had my t-wing phone for 1 year and 20 days. The touch screen stopped working. After checking on the internet I found out a lot of people have the same problem. I called t-Mobile and they said that it is over a year old so tough luck, pay to get it fixed. I called to find out how much it cost to fix and they said $71-$250 and there is a $40 charge just to check it out. :(! I found out that the connection that holds the ribbon connector for the screen is very weak and breaks. This is poor design by the manufacturer and they or t-mobile should back up us owners.

If anyone else is or has had this problem please post a reply, and maybe we can go after the manufacturer for the money we lost. This phone cost $500

2. seabass2781

seabass2781 New Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 2008
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hey - Sorry, no personal experience with the Wing. But if going after the manufacturer doesn't pan out (and you have to pay to have the phone fixed in the end), here's a good third-party vendor (in my experience, anyway):

CPR®  Cell Phone Repair - All Cell Phones

3. bluebird

bluebird New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung E250
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, formerly Alltel
    That is a bummer, I'm sorry to hear about it. You do have one small bit of luck on your side - the part for your Wing is actually available. I've seen them in the parts catalogs.

My Wing's speaker went crackly, then quit. I did the mail your phone away thing and now it's stuck there with the part on back order. I suffered with my old backup phone for a week and then I broke down and bought a new phone because I need Bluetooth so I can talk in the car. Bah.

Perhaps we can get that new Google phone in November? :)

4. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile

Sorry there's not more leadway with the warranty but it is from the manufacturer not tmobile, did you happen to sign up for equip protection, if so you can pay 110 and get a wing replacement through assurion, or you can upgrade now we would probably give you fully qualified deal due to circumstances, or like one poster on here mentioned, the google phone is coming soon

5. hughck

hughck New Member

When I called T-mobile they told me that I could not get a full discount until January 2009. Let me know if there is a way to get a full discount before then. Also I've never hear of the google phone, I will google it. Please tell me more in case I can't find info on it.
    Thanks

6. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    You only want to try and get a full discount now if there is a phone that you want right now with tmobile. The google phone is in referrence to a partnership with google and android to develop a mobile platform for the infamous android operating system. The device is speculated to be the HTC Dream and launch has been rumored for anytime from sept-Jan, that is really all I know about it at this time.
    The way to get the full discount on any device now though is to mention that you may be interested in cancelling your service, but again if you don't want anyof the devices right now hold out, go buy yourself an unlocked phone off of ebay or amazon, or use an old phone for a while or buy a prepaid phone and slide your sim in it for a few months.

7. hughck

hughck New Member

Thanks

I already told them that I was going to cancel the service and they said goodbye and remember to pay $400 in fees. I'm using an extra phone I have a v195s, not a bad phone, but cannot get the voice dial to work on it. The insturctions suck, and after spending hours, still no luck with voice dial. I guess will stay with this phone and look at the gphone before getting a new phone.

If you have any info on getting the voice dial to work, please let me know

8. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    :D
    guess that didn't work out so well huh. Wow I am surprised you got that answer, call tomorrow during the day if you can, maybe you got a rep that was eager to leave, I don't know I am not sure how you called after I suggested tonight because cust care and customer loyalty (retention) close at 10 pm pacific time. For the voice dialing thing, log into your mytmobile site and select the v195 as your phone then you can download a soft copy of the user manual in a pdf file that should give you all the info you like.

9. hughck

hughck New Member

Thanks for the advice.

I called customer service the day before I posted my problem here and that is when they told me they would not give me a full upgrade. I did call them about 2pm, and I went up a level after the first person said they could not help me. I asked for and talked to a supervisor.

As far as the v195 voice dial, I already got the manual, either I'm missing something, or my voice dial just does not work. The manual does not go in to great detail on the use of the phone.

Once again Thanks for you help
    Hugh

10. skystartrade.com

i got the same problems on the wing.

wing is not strong at all

#10 skystartrade.com, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2008
  11. CPR-CellPhoneRepair

CPR-CellPhoneRepair New Member

SeaBass - I see your from Chicago did you use the CPR services at the Lincoln location? How was your service if you did? Thanks for the referral.

Hughck, if you're still looking to get your Wing fixed I will offer a quote of $75.00, if this sounds good to you the customer data sheet is located here, just mention this quote on the customer data sheet.

http://www.chicagocellrepair.com/cpr_mail_in.pdf

Regards,

Jeff Gasner
    CPR-Cell Phone Repair

12. ventura6298

ventura6298 New Member

Hey man the tmobile wing is a easy phone to fix.
    all you need is some tools and a replacement screen all for 64 dollars

heres the website Tools

13. CPR-CellPhoneRepair

I still would recommend having a professional do the repair, we see many people attempt this and end up tearing their flex cable in the process and than they're out double their original cost. For $11.00 more and a 90 Day warranty get it done professionally.

CPR- Cell Phone Repair

14. ventura6298

ventura6298 New Member

Hey this is a simple repair. too much money for a pro to fix.

15. CPR-CellPhoneRepair

Glad to hear you found the repair simple, most do not. I don't agree that 11.00 over the cost of goods is to much for a professional to do the repair, plus a 90 day warranty. It seems very clear to me that that having it professionally installed would definitely be the right move for 11.00 over the cost of doing it yourself.

CPR- Cell Phone Repair