Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile Website is up and Running!

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by aiwapro, Jul 13, 2002.

1. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

The T-Mobile website is up and running now, but it still has some dead links to pictures though. I like the site. It looks alot more professional. Just go to: T-Mobile

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Nice website. I was looking at how extensive the coverage is in Germany and the U.K. Will the U.S. ever have GSM coverage this extensive, or will a new technology emerge before that happens?

3. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    Their rate plans and selection of phones is horrible, they better get something better going or they're kickoff is going to be more like a whisper when people see what they really have to offer, which isn't much.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. erub

erub Junior Member

Besides for the lack of night minutes, I think their rate plans are very good. I'd love to get that 3000 anytime regional plan...I just have heard that their service isn't too great in my area (Dallas) and I have no clue how good it will be where I'm going to college (Bryan). With GSM, you can buy any unlocked phone you want off of ebay or wherever, and pop the SIM in, and go from there. So I dont think the phone selection is a problem.

5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Nice site but it's a little slow and I do see some missing pictures so far. By the way minus the night minutes I think there rate plans are good as for the phone selection I think its ok. I like the new coverage map too.

6. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    the nights are there, if when in the national plans section, you click on "See more about these optional services" "unlimited nights'" is one of the options listed, and it says it is from 7pm to 6am. Yes, 7pm not a typo. Doesn't say the cost, and it might not be 100% accurate..... looks good though [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Mike

Mike Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon, Cingular
    Every time I have looked at the VoiceStream WebSite today (Sunday July 14) you can see they are changing it on the fly. If you go to Rate Plans the map now has California and Nevada colored blue, so you can click on them to get information on those locations. Earlier today you could not do that. I guess they are getting it all ready for tomorrow, with the official launch into those 2 states.

8. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I see it now Matt and wow I really like those night hours. Too bad it doesn't say how much it costs though. When shopping I also don't see a option to add Night minutes though that is odd. Oh well there still working on the site maybe it will show up soon.

9. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Just stopped back at the West Valley Mall. There were two guys in the kiosk. They were not open for business. Official launch tomorrow. But they did have ads.

1000 "whenever" minutes plus bonus of 400 whenever minutes = $39.99. Also includes unlimited weekends.

10. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Voicestream is changing in some other places too. I was up in Yipsilanti, Michigan today and passed a T-Mobile Authorized Dealer. It actually had a huge T-Mobile sign, said nothing about Voicestream.

11. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The T-Mobile rates seem really good Regional 49.99 for 3000 minutes in my area....(wish they had better local coverage!)

Got a question for the T-Mobile folks in the know, their website says:

"The National Plan gives you: One flat rate per month, Calls to anywhere in the country with GSM coverage, Calls from anywhere in the country with GSM coverage, No long distance or digital roaming charges"

Does this mean that once AT&T or SunCom convert to GSM by years end that if you have a GSM phone you will be able to use these networks also? Or is this a typo?

12. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    AT&T has some GSM coverage right now but VoiceStream doesn't have any roaming agreemeants with them. VoiceStream phones will NOT work on AT&T GSM right now.

13. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    Same with Cingular in California, AT&T always comes up as a forbidden network on my Cingular T61Z.

14. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Nice web site

Jack

15. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I like it too, I could do without all the pink though. Use a darker color, like red, I never liked the old yellow either.

16. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

amen. i liked the website design as well.......minus the pink.....it's an ugly colour and a stupid pop star.

17. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

Yeah but they need to show more pictures of Catherine Zeta-Jones! [​IMG]

18. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

sniff .......i vote for carmen electra as a spokesperson for a wireless carrier.....yes she is a shallow ditsy girl but very nice to look at....check this months issue of STUFF magazine for the latest [​IMG]

19. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

Yeah I saw that the current issue of Stuff mag -- Carmen Electra looked nice...ah very "inviting" poses I shall say. Jennifer Lopez would do very well too!

For those familiar with the Latin community, Pilar Montenegro (popular Mexican singer) is another fantastic piece of artwork. [​IMG]

Hey what did you think about the girls of Enron? Ooops did I say that out loud?