Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile US to offer the Samsung Galaxy "S Series," This Summer

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by @TheRealDanny, Apr 18, 2010.

1. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    For reference, check out the video and specs from CTIA: YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S - CTIA 2010 Keynote & Unpacked Highlights

Source: Samsung Galaxy S headed to T-Mobile this Summer

Bluetooth SIG has approved this Android beauty and has named it Samsung SCH-T959 following the T-Mobile naming convention. We will still be referring it to as T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S to make our life easier.

There appears to be some suspicion regarding the device identity being other Galaxy S. Specs wise the device definitely looks the one we want with a 4 inch AMOLED touchscreen, Android OS and of course Samsung's very own TouchWIZ 3.0

The question here is of course this - will the Samsung Galaxy be able to do wonders like the recently launched T-Mobile HTC HD2? T-Mobile and Samsung folks will definitely be hoping for that to happen again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    I actually like the size of this thing more than the HTC EVO. Not quite as wide yet big enough.

The super AMOLED screen has better battery life, crisper colors and less drown out in the sun.

Supposedly this is supposed to be the thinnest phone in its class to hit the market when it launches.

Throw some international HSPA + radios in this thing and I'm sold.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    If you do get this phone, please post a review. I have some serious Samsung trust issues after bad experiences with them in the past.

As beautiful as this phone looks, the fact that it's a Samsung negates it for me unless it proves not to be like their lousy phones I've had before.

4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Here are some more specs of the Galaxy S. I think my MyTouch is getting nervous now. :D

Specs of Samsung Galaxy S Under Scope - Android, 1GHz CPU, Super AMOLED display and more - Softpedia

5. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    Sure thing.

One problem I've experienced with GSM Samsungs are the tinny sounding earpiece and poorer RF compared to other phones.

Hopefully this time around they get it right.

6. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thank you! I've tried a couple of different Sammy phones for T-Mobile and their reception SUCKED. The RF was considerably lower than other phones.

7. hme83

hme83 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I'm :confused: -

As they are also saying the Galaxy S will be coming with at&t friendly 3G bands, yet the above indicates 900/1900/2100 3G. And I thought T-Mo used 1700/2100 for 3G?

Is one device going to have both the T-Mo and the at&t 3G bands? (All of them for both carriers?) Or are there going to be various versions of the Galaxy S?

8. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T