Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-mobile tryout period?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I want to make sure it works where I use it most.

2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    In California it is 14 days. Not sure about Nevada.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Isn't the usual T-Mobile (VoiceStream) trial period just 72 hours?

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I think with the launch of t-mobile it will be 14 days

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kindaichi

kindaichi New Member

what kind of charge(s) will occurr if i decide not to keep the phone?
    sim card? activation? prorated usage?

thanks

6. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Dan - yes normal VS policy is 72 business hours. If you buy via Amazon, 30 days. And in Cali it is 14 days. Don't know if that is b/c of Cali. law, or a change in VS/T-M policy. We'll see.

kindaichi - activation fees are generally nonrefundable, but the carriers might waive that anyway to get you to sign up. Don't know exactly how VS charges for SIM cards (if they do at all???) b/c I bought my phone three months before launch so I paid full price [​IMG] You would be responsible for any calls you make - prorated I think would be reasonable, but you'd have to double-check that witha VS rep.

7. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Hopefully its a change in T-Mobile policy and when they roll out that name it will be 14 days nationwide. 72 hours just isn't enough.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I just came back from talking to Tmobile people at the mall and they say 72 hours. Before you buy, besure to ask about the return policy because some of the smaller stores don't give any return policy at all!

9. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Reseller's often have different return periods then the main stores. They're usually a lot less lower so I will agree with you its best to ask. I know around here Cingular's is 15 days but with most of the reseller's its just 72 hours.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

so if you buy it online, and it's only 72 hours, how the hell are you suppose to be able to get out of the contract??
    72 hours of the time of ordering / activation. suppose i order sunday, they activate monday and ship monday. ship to my address, this takes what, 2-3 days the fastest with usps. but these people probably ship fedex/ups, if this is ground, it takes longer than 3 days. either way, you're screwed if there's no signal in your area.

if you cancel, do you get to keep the phone or what since the 3390 is free

11. Guest

Guest Guest

No when you cancel, you return everything and the phone has to have NO imperfections in it. If you get it scratched you can't return it or you have to buy the phone at NON activation charges which makes the phone prices up to 300 dollars.

If you buy phones online I think amazon gives you 30 days but don't quote me on that

12. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Buying online (Amazon I assume?) you get 30 days.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

hi, i just got that samsung q105 from this local wireless shop. the tryout period is 14 days and you only pay for the activation fee and sim card which comes out to about $60 dollars and you pay for whatever you use.

Panhawk

14. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I went to a T-mobile store today in Brea. The sales associate said it was a 14-day trial period for the phone & for the service itself.

15. Papalagnaf

Papalagnaf New Member

I know this is not the right thread, (please tell me where i should have posted this), but Matt, I want the T-Mobile logo.Please tell me how to get it,ok?

Hilary
    not the brightest bulb in the package

16. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hilary,

I'm not sure where you should have posted it - are you talking about the logo above my name? If so, here is its address:

http://wirelessadvisor.com/waforums/i/authorsicons/logo_tmobile.gif

If you go into your profile, you might be able to put that into the "Upload your own author icon" at the bottom, or I can save it and email it to you so you can save it to your PC. Then you'd go to that same section of your profile, click browse, and then upload it.