Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile To Go

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by neh, Dec 26, 2006.

1. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i say that simply because in all the calls i have made with Cingular.........the number of bars didnt affect whether or not i could make a call or the quality of the call.........i could make a clear call in a 1 bar area on my friends Cingular phone........with T-Mobile the network quality isnt all that great sometimes.......it all depends on the area.........but T-Mobile generally the number of bars affects whether or not you can make a call and how good the call quality is

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    When I used my 7-bar Nokia 6820 it was impossible to make a call with one bar showing regardless of the network. With a 4-bar 6131 one bar doesn't mean much other than I better stay put and not walk/drive in the wrong direction.

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well when i made calls on my friends Cingular phone it didnt matter as long as he had one bar i could make a clear call with no problems.........on T-Mobile i would look for at least 3 or 4 bars before attempting to make a call

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Is it with the same phone or with the same phone model? The clear experiment would need the same phone ;)

5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6306/1558; en; U; ssr))

This has to be phone dependent... I've made calls with 2 bars out of 7 on my Nokia 6010. On their automated FAQ's on the tollfree line, it suggests that your signal strength be at least 3 bars or more... LOL. We experts know that bars aren't a complete assessment to service ;)

6. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    my friend had Nokia 6010 and i had a Motorola V188...........now i had no native service up there but i had unlimited roaming so i was roaming on IMMIX Wireless which some Pennsylvanians would know originally as Conestoga Wireless...............they had perfect service up there.........it was awesome.........there was one place where i had 1 bar of T-Mobile but on the ride there...........he had about 1-2 bars and i usually had 3-4 because T-Mobile was better on that rode but i couldnt make a call out.........i used his phone.................crystal

7. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Virgin Mobile,Sprint PCS, Verizon Wireless
    Does anyone know for sure if T-Mobile TO GO is going to come out with night and weekends or mobile to mobile?

8. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    If there is a no service area on the coverage map and there it is not a roaming area, but Cingular works there, can I make the phone roam?

9. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    no.........T-Mobile ToGo does not have all of the roaming capabilities that the regular T-Mobile has.......there is some 850 roaming and some 1900 roaming but not nearly as good as postpaid roaming capabilities......and Cingular doesnt let T-Mobile customers roam on all of there towers........so even if there is Cingular service but the online maps say that there is no service.........this is prolli the case

10. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    No, if the TMobile phone or coverage maps displays no service, there will be no working service even if Cingular works perfectly there. The only calls you'll be able to make are 911 calls:)

This varies by location... I'm in NW Florida and the prepaid and contract customers have the same exact coverage on TMobile. There's no roaming agreement between the two:D

11. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well...........thats because the roaming agreements may be the same for prepaid and postpaid customers..........but i meant the nation as a whole.........the roaming on all of T-Mobile is not the same between prepaid and postpaid

12. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Ah, I see what you are saying...:)

13. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Look at it long term. You're going to eventually have $100 worth of deposits in the account I would guess. From that standpoint it's worth your while to get T-Mobile now since once you do reach that level you'll have the 15% additional value from then on and you'll also have the advantage of having to only add a $10 card every year from then on.

As far as the web for prepaid it's very limited. Only the few sites on their WAP deck are available.

You can download ringtones (for a fee)

Check your account and add vouchers

"Hot picks" which is promotions, ringtones, ne voices & sounds (for a price) games (for a price) wallpaper, NBA All Star Ballot,

"Music and sounds"

There's also "web & applications" which is basically CNN, ABC News, ESPN

411 & more which is directory assistance ($)

More than that you cannot really access through the free WAP portal.

14. jaiiichizzle35

jaiiichizzle35 New Member

Oh, well I am a little confused because people on Wireless Advisor say I can see news and weather on the phone. Also, I called T-Mobile. The first time I called them they said I can access the news and weather. Another time that I called them they said I can't. How do I know wheather I can or not??

15. jaiiichizzle35

jaiiichizzle35 New Member

I am sorry this is really NEH, my friend was on earlier and posted other messages and he forgot to sign out. I am so sorry!

16. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    as far as i know the prepaid t-zones does get weather and things like movie times and i would guess if it gets all of that it would get news cuz you can access CNN and ABC

17. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Here's a list of "sites" appears on unadulterated T-Zones for T-Mobile To Go:
    1. CNN
    2. ABC News
    3. ESPN

CNN has weather, movie times and such, some of it is also available through ABC News. In addition to that, there are some "fun" sites, as well as account management tools.

Entering the same settings as the T-Zones one, but disabling the proxie gives full WAP access (as far as I can tell).

18. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    What do you mean by full WAP?

19. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I mean you can access sites outside the ones limited by T-Mobile for prepaid accounts. For instance, you can go to wap.google.com if you disable the proxy, but you can't with the "stock" settings.

20. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yes but as far as i know.........T-Mobile is cracking down on locking up those setting so that they can't be changed on the phones...........i'm pretty sure you can change them on most of the new Nokias but i dont think you can change those setting s on Motos anymore

21. dmapr

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    You can't change those settings on T-Mobile branded phones, but you can add your own on those that aren't branded :)

22. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Ok. Thanks.

23. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well i had a Nokia 6103 and some of the setting were changeable.........im pretty sure all the ones mentioned were accessible

24. neh

neh Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox 8610
    Wireless Provider(s):