Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile To Go - new method of adding dollars to the account

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by EdwardP, May 18, 2005.

1. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    T-Mobile has been sending out SMS messages to their T-Mobile To Go customers, announcing a new way of adding dollars to a prepay account.

Placing a call to *ADD (*233) goes to the T-Mobile To Go Refill Center, where a customer can add dollars to their To Go account using a credit/debit card, or an electronic check.

I'm assuming that a call to *ADD does not use up minutes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Just to confirm - that is a "*" and not a "#". I'm only asking since the rest of the new codes us the "#" sign. None of the codes deduct from your minutes, and I see no reason why this code would deduct.

That's a convenient feature - when you dial it do you get a live CS rep or an automated menu only?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    *ADD (*233)

The "*" key.

It was an automated system, welcoming the caller to the T-Mobile To Go Refill Center. There were several audible clicks, then the system spoke the phone number from which it was dialed and asked to confirm it. They seem to be sending out the SMS by area code, as one prepay phone has received the message, the other one (in a different area code) has not.

T-Mobile To Go Customer Service is reached by calling *TOGO (*8646), which also works if called from a regular (postpay) T-Mobile phone.

The only # numbers that I am aware of on prepay, are #999 for your balance and #686 (#NUM) to display the phone's number.