Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile soft launches in Knoxville, TN

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by ComicalMoodyDan, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    It appears as though according to the information I have gathered from T-Mobile's website that they have soft launched their service in Knoxville. T-Mobile's interactive coverage map is now showing native coverage in the Knoxville area as well as the signal strength. Three T-Mobile resellers are showing up in the area, with two of them being preferred dealers. However they have no T-Mobile corp stores yet in the area and you can't buy online yet. So my guess is you can sign up for T-Mobile now in Knoxville but only through the three resellers T-Mobile lists online.

T-Mobile retail locations near Knoxville, Tennessee

1. RS_SAMS_6572_Knoxville
    2920 KNOXVILLE CENTER DR
    KNOXVILLE, TN 37924
    865-637-2582

2. Wireless World - Knoxville Center (T-Mobile Preferred Dealer)
    3001 KNOXVILLE CENTER DR UPPER LEVEL FOOD COURT
    KNOXVILLE, TN 37924

3. Wireless World - Kingston (T-Mobile Preferred Dealer)
    7600 KINGSTON PIKE APT K18
    KNOXVILLE, TN 37919

2. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    Thats cool, I see they've updated the coverage map for Knoxville.

However, nearby SunCom territory is still not covered at street level on T-Mobile's website,
    and SunCom does have it's own street level coverage viewer here.
    So couldn't it be loaded into T-Mobile's map database?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    SunCom hasn't become T-Mobile yet although the integration is being worked on. From what I understand the SunCom stores will become T-Mobile stores sometime in September or October. As of right now the two companies are still operated differently, well sort of. If you look at SunCom's job section the jobs come up as T-Mobile jobs and if you email their customer service you get an email back from a T-Mobile address.

However the rate plans are different as of now, MTM doesn't apply between the companies, T-Mobile is still showing the area as roaming, and you can't get a T-Mobile rate plan or phone. SunCom currently still has their own rate plans and phones along with separte customer service numbers. The voicemail system though between the carriers is currently being integrated, from what I understand SunCom customers are being transfered now or soon will be to the same system T-Mobile uses.