Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile Signal Strength Areas

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by mpersic, Oct 16, 2012.

1. mpersic

mpersic New Member

My Phone:
    HTC ONE S; SAMSUNG GIIS;
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; T-MOBILE; O2; TELUS
    I would like to know others experience with T-Mobile signal strength. I am experiencing -105 dbm, dropped calls and no signal in the Northwest Reno, Nevada area. A tower is 2 miles away. I believe local topography is to blame. T-Mobile won't let me out of the contract. My company is moving me near Truckee, California (specifically Glenshire, California). Does anyone have experience with T-Mobile there? Or using a cellular repeater in this area? After being a loyal customer of T-Mobile for 10 years, I am surprised that they will not consider waiving the termination fee as a result of their inability to provide a reliable signal. Their response is that according to the coverage maps, I am in a "good coverage area"... hummm, seeing an "X" on the antenna symbol and "No Service" does not seem to me to be "a good coverage area."

2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Local topography can and does affect the signal that the phone received. -105 is definitely a weak signal. If your company is moving you and there is no T-Mobile service where you're moving to, they should let you out of the contract with an ETF. I believe you may be required to provide some proof.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...