Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile Sidekick 3 question!

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by aml329, Aug 1, 2006.

1. aml329

aml329 New Member

I'm looking into cancelling my plan with Cingular and starting an account with T-Mobile. I'd like to purchase the Sidekick 3 because I text and use AOL Instant Messenger a lot and Internet Access sounds cool as well. I don't mind it being bulky because I'd mainly be using it as a mobile-messenger but I was wondering if there were any way to unlock this phone so that I would not have to change carriers. I've never heard of it being done but I was just curious and whether or not it would save me the trouble of cancelling my plan/paying more a month. If not, are there any good unlocked/locked phones that cingular offers? I'm not looking for a PDA/smartphone but a good multimedia phone and one that looks neat as well. Thanks in advance for the help.:)

2. apsman02

apsman02 New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 8801
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-MObile
    To my knowledge T-Mobile will not unlock SK3s. They used to but about 1 year ago i beleive they stopped unlocking them because it is thier signature device and do not want others to use it on other providers networks!

3. aml329

aml329 New Member

Hey thanks, the minute after I posted this I fell in love with the Motorola L6 I saw online. I think I'm going to purchase an unlocked one and stick with Cingular for the time being, maybe until the price goes down on the Sidekick.