Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile service in Torrance and Brea?

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by FoxesAndBunnies, Jul 17, 2008.

1. FoxesAndBunnies

FoxesAndBunnies New Member

Hey everyone!

I have a question. My husband and I recently signed up for T-Mobile and we both have TERRIBLE reception! He's in Torrance at the moment and I'm in Brea. We both have tons of dropped calls and choppy voice quality. I've heard that T-Mobile and AT&T share the same towers so service should be the same, but I had AT&T before and never ever had a problem. If we both stand outside to talk our reception is better but inside of our homes, we completely lose signal.

He has a RAZR V3 and I have a W490. Any help here? If my call quality can't be improved, I want to cancel my contract before my 14 days is up.

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-Mobile and AT&T do not share the same towers. They are on their own seperate towers and networks. So expect coverage to be different between them.

3. FoxesAndBunnies

FoxesAndBunnies New Member

They don't? Hmm, I must have gotten confused somewhere down the line.

I thought T-Mobile was supposed to have become a lot more reliable as far as coverage. I know thats why I had shied away in the past, because I had heard coverage was bad. It really stinks because the whole "faves" thing is a big reason I signed up. I only talk to my family and it's nice being able to talk to them for free.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-Mobile, like every other carrier, has become more reliable for coverage as they've been investing heavily in their network. But there's always that chance that any carrier won't work well enough right where you need it to even though they work great in many other places.

5. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Utilize the trial period to your advantage I would recommend you return your phone and either cancel, or try the unlimited hotspot calling phones if you have dsl or cable internet at home this will resolve your reception issues at home the store that you signed up with can exchange your device for the right equipment if this is an option you just add 9.99 to your plan to get unlimited calling while at home. If you don't have internet service than I would recommend you cancel for now and go back with your previous carrier, tmobile would love to have your business but we also want the service to be beneficial for you. And just an FYI CA customers have a 30 day buyer's remorse period all other states it's 14 days. If you do go with the WiFi calling option I recommend the Nokia 6031 it's a pretty cool phone, or the Blackberry curve, or the Pearl 8120, as the 8100 does not have this WiFi calling option. There are some samsung phones too, but I am not a fan of samsung. Good luck and keep us posted what happens.