Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NORTHEAST U.S. -- t-mobile roaming and coverage report for northeast

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Barciurek, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Barciurek

Barciurek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hi
    I've taked 1350-mile road trip from Pennsylvania to Montreal and then to Boston and back to PA.. so since I was a passenger I figured I will make a coverage report.. Being equipped with T-Mobile To Go sim card as put in nokia 6030 for 850/1900 and Plus GSM Polish prepaid which was only allowed to roam on T-Mobile and ATT in US I put it in 1900..

So I will make it clear - I was on the road in NY upstate on 11th of August.. if anyone was there they know how nasty storms were which could have impact on signal.

I-87 coverage

Gardentown, NY - Cell one 850 signal, T-mobile 1900 and no ATT signal.
    Platekill, NY - ATT 1900 only.
    Bethelemen Center, NY - CELL ONE lost.

From then on until Lake George I had both T-Mobile and Cingular.
    I took a scenic route from Lake George and there was no coverage until my found registered on UNICEL in Westport, NY and then it would hop in and out on 87 until KEESEVILLE, NY where it registered right on and stayed all the way.

UNICEL showed up on network search as USA 890 and it was on 850 only; no 1900.

PLATTSBURGH, NY - UNICEL on 850 only and ATT on 1900 only.

Out of there my 5300 registered on Rogers with my Polish prepaid about 2 miles away from Canada.
    Unicel continued 2-3 miles into Canada.

CANADA ROAMING.

No problems EXCEPT I didn't know I would be charged for attempting a call.. just hearing a beep cost me 69 cents :/

T-ZONES:
    Painfully slow and on 13th for around 8.30 PM I kept getting "Temporary network problem", "Network busy" and "Packet data access point not valid".
    Text messages didn't work at that time either so I assume it was single problem.

LAter on it worked but was slow and a lot of messages "Network busy".
    But it was free.

Vermont - Unicel picked up about 2 miles into US, strangely there was no Unicel before... It would bump in and out.. Throughout Vermont..
    Successful on making a call in St. Johnsbury, VT.. same in Plattsburgh (going to Canada); perfect call quality.

Lebanon - ATT and UNICEL - I was allowed to register on both, forced ATT roaming.. then Unicel slowly and sadly disappeared..

Bagley, NH - I was declined ATT access and that was it for another 13 miles according to my GPS.. then just outside of Manchester native T-Mobile jumped in...

And from there it was all perfect with T-M :)

FINAL THOUGHTS:
    I was surprised about UNICEL in Westport; wasn't expecting it there.
    UNICEL provided me with great T-zones service as well as making calls...

Rogers wasn't very good with t-zones but had perfect coverage
    ATT worked fine in NH for t-zones as well.

Only I don't understand why all of a sudden I lost access to ATT when there was no T-mobile for another 12 miles.. but I knew it had to happen when I read other stories.

Thanks and hope it helps someone. If you have any specific question please let me know :)

Barciur

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    You might have stumbled upon The Big Gap up there in NH. A few miles outside of Concord, T-Mobile had dropped and did not pick up Unicel until about another 20 miles. This was in 2006, I haven't been up that way since then, but do not know if the coverage has since improved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barciurek

Barciurek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That sounds about right. When Unicel dropped, ATT picked up for a very short period of time and then there was still ATT but no access..

4. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I should have added that "The Big Gap" is along I-89 once past Concord. It dropped around Exit 3 and it did not pick up Unicel until Exit 15.

Back in '06, it did not pick up an AT&T (then Cingular) signal up there.

BTW, if you want your userbar to show, edit the signature and place tags around that URL:

Code:
    [img]http://img.userbars.pl/19/3735.jpg[/img]

then it will display. Proud to be Polish too, yet I don't know a word of the language.

5. Barciurek

Barciurek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It says in my profile
    :/
    It still doesn't work :(

6. EdwardP

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Go into the Control Panel and select Edit Signature.

Towards the bottom, you will see Upload Signature Picture. Option 1 has room for a URL. Place that URL pointing to the userbar in that field, then click Upload. Then select Preview Signature to see if it shows, if it does, then select Save Signature.