Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile picks up the Nokia 3650

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by aiwapro, Mar 27, 2003.

1. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Well, it looks like T-Mobile will have another huge quarter of market growth, as they are the first to pick up the Nokia 3650, and they are selling it for only $199 with rebate ($299 w/o rebate).
    They are also marketing it with MMS messaging (FINALLY), but they are marketing it as the first provider to have video messaging, which they are. The Nokia 3650 has video recording capabilities in it, and with that and T-Mobile service, you can send that video to anyone else that has that capable phone, or to any email address to a computer.

T-Mobile

2. tylerdurden

tylerdurden Senior Member

Cingular was selling the 3650 last week.

3. aiwapro

Yes, but T-Mobile has them Nationwide. Cingular doesn't have them Nationwide, and thus won't get the results the T-Mobile will get.

4. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    I am trying to find one right now for around the same price it would cost a new customer. My brother works for the company and I want one on his demo line, but I can only order it online right now and they are not available in the stores yet. Does anyone know where I can pick one up for about $3-350.00???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

ebay......if you get lucky.............

6. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The 3650 is the ugliest phone I've ever seen. I don't know what the Nokia keypad designers were smoking when they thought that a new product should be made more difficult to use when wireless services are pushing so hard to get people to use phones to type messages. That rotary keypad is horrible. My attention is shifting towards Motorola who is actually using common sense designing keypads.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I agree Bobolito, I think the phone is ugly, and too big. I want a phone and not some video recorder. If I had GSM I would want a 6100 or something. I can't agree about Motorola as I do not like them much. The whole reversed send/end is just stupid and all of their CDMA phones have been POS's lately in build quality (v60/120 crap antenna,T720 is plastic POS). I am in more of the LG camp I guess, and I am looking forward to the new SE CDMA phones.

8. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I don't like the layout of the Nokia 3650 either. I will say though its a innovative product and packed with features. I'm going to have to agree with Airb once again. Motorola use to make really good phones but there phones of recently have been crap. I don't like Motorola anymore. I'm also starting to like LG phones myself. I also really like the looks of the new Sanyo 8100 that will be coming out from Sprint PCS later this year.

9. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I dont want the thing for the actual phone functions of the phone, I am not a big fan of T-mobile phone service, but I am a big fan of their T-zones stuff and the fact that you can record and send video. I am big on the whole bar and party deal, and I think the phone would make the whole scene even better. I love the fact that the camera is on the back of the phone as well. It looks sweet and I will have on as soon as it is available in stores.

10. aiwapro

You can order it from there website if you want it really soon.

11. csdkw

csdkw New Member

Well,

Nokia 3650 can be had from AT&T for $340-350 walk-in, $300 internet, $150 internet w\ 2yr auto-pay plan.
    That's Portland,OR for walk-in.
    Advertisement behind display model said $340, salesperson said $350.

Regards

12. aiwapro

AT&T's version of the Nokia 3650 doesn't have video messaging though. It doesn't have audio to go with it, only the T-Mobile version does.

13. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That's what I always say about AT&T. They have the bad habit of giving you half the phone you pay for. You buy a top of the line phone hoping to get the features you want. When you get it, you realize AT&T blocked off like half of the features. Another way to steal money if you ask me.

14. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Does anyone know when T-mobile is supposed to have them available in stores?

15. janedoe

janedoe New Member

I am in the Twin Cities area and was told they would be available toward the beginning of May.