Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

t-mobile phone switch

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by biostanky, Oct 15, 2004.

1. biostanky

biostanky New Member

ok, my deal is that my gf has t-mobile, i have verizon. both of our cellphone bills are 100+. so i was thinking i would get a cheap t-mobile plan and add unlimited mobile to mobile for 6.99... i also like the nokia 6820.. if i were to buy an unlocked on off of ebay, how would i activate it with t-mobile?? do i just pop in the sim card??

THANKS

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yes, All you do is put the SIM in your new phone. You will have to enter the correct settings for SMS, MMS, WAP to work too.

With T-Mobile you will have to sign a one year contract no matter what. So I would recommend you pick one of the free phones or inexpensive phones. :)

3. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    i agree with budney here. if you want an unlocked phone, buy off ebay or another website. i have bought 2 gsm phones from www.plemix.com, very reliable. then, like budney said, go to tmobile and get yourself the free phone, that way they will give you a SIM card you can put in yout unlocked phone, and keep that free phone as a back up, or give it to someone else as a gift (since christmas is comming!!)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...