Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile Personal Coverage Check

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Matt, Jan 19, 2005.

1. biojbfish

biojbfish New Member

Hi... new here. Not too sure how to understand that coverage map. In an area where i vacation a lot, the coverage says "850MHz Roaming coverage". I have a nationwide free long distance plan... will i be able to get service there? And, will it cost me extra? Can anyone help?

Thanx

2. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    What phone model do you have? The phone will determine if it will work on the 850 network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jdub01984

jdub01984 New Member

If you want to see some T's look up new york city, the number of towers there is crazy

4. kansaigirl

kansaigirl New Member

My Phone:
    Razr V3 (unfortunately)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    compass.t-mobile.com can't find my street address, and the nearest major intersection is a T-Mobile Not Spot, although I get 5 bars at home, even in the garage level. Go figure. One place I work has 5 bar signal (according to the map), but only Cingular phones can be used where we sit, in the basement...and I can't get the :censored: phone to latch on to that Cingular cell.

On a side note, what I learned on my spring break when I visited friends in Seattle is how TMO and other carriers keep tabs on one another. One has a side job working for a company that monitors all the mobile carriers in the area and keeps stats on the various voice and data services they offer. One device flaked out and needed to be reset, and I happened to be along for the ride. Quite informative. Think of it as a "carrier hotel" for cellphones and you'll get the picture. This company is a data broker to the carriers--here's how you stack up against them for dropped calls, etc.

5. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    usint the compass.t-mobile.com says site cannot be found!! whats wrong with that? my browser perhaps?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I was aware of the personal coverage check... but I never knew how dead on it is in my area. I have three bars (fair) on the map, meaning that service is good outdoors, but phone may not work indoors. This is what I have... I tried 4 phones, the Nokia 6010, 6030, MotoRIZR Z3, and the V195. The Nokias did better than the Motos though inside my place... the Z3 was the worst in the reception department.

Nice job TMobile with the maps.... if only Verizon would get off the all red mapping LOL

7. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

I think that original url might be wrong. login works OK.

8. fommymusic

fommymusic New Member

G1 might be the next great thing but Apple isn’t shaking in their boots speeds.

Fommy.com