Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NORTHEAST U.S. -- T-Mobile outage 11/3/09?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by bheb, Nov 3, 2009.

1. bheb

bheb New Member

Hey! Anyone have any idea if there is a widespread TM cell phone outage? Can't get service, no bars for hours, cycled phone 3x, on hold w/ TM chat for 1 hour, no response. Haven't seen any news about this, but need info if it's just me, my area (Augusta Maine), or...
    thanks!

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    T-Mobile USA down all over the place?

We're getting reports from sea to shining sea this evening that T-Mobile service is down or intermittent on both voice and data -- particularly bad timing in light of the recent Sidekick drama. We've tested in New York and it's definitely down for us -- both voice and data -- so how's service treating everyone out there?

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

Update: We just got an official statement from T-Mobile, and it's confirmed -- service is down. Here's the statement:

"T-Mobile customers may be experiencing service disruptions impacting voice and data. Our rapid response teams have been mobilized to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as more information is available."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    It must be sporadic... I haven't had any problems with my TMo service in Tallahassee, FL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    it was very widespread but did not affect everyone, and affected some people differently...but all reports are everything is good now...god what a month it's been.

5. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    On Nov 6 we lost email on our Sidekick LX 2009. It was temporarily restored by a TMobile CSR on Nov 9 but was sporadic throughout the day. Today, Nov 10, it seems to be working again.

About the same time we lost the MyFaves icon on the screen - 3 times. Each time it was restored (twice by a TMobile CSR and once by me from the My TMobile website). As of Nov 10, email and MyFaves seem to be working. We have been in coastal NC during these outages.

My suspicion is that there are still sporadic issues with either Danger or TMobile itself. The CSR's don't seem to know some of the things that may be going on (cancellation of the MyFaves option for example), compounding both the customer's and their frustration.

When I call, I make it a practice to let them know that I don't blame them for the problems I am experiencing but truthfully, TMobile's issues over the past couple of months should give anyone pause and certainly a plausible reason to expect no fault contract termination and a refund for any phones purchased. They are clearly no longer tops in customer service.

6. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I disagree, but then again I am somewhat biased. lol But I know where you are coming from and can understand why you feel the way you do. But I still disagree.

7. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I hope you are right tmobileman because truthfully the Sidekick is pretty useful when it's working and I don't plan on ditching it (actually my wife doesn't since she uses it) or TMobile for that matter.

As I said in my post, I don't blame the CSR's but TMobile has some fence mending to do, at least for me. For example, when all the fuss about the extremely prolonged SK outage and data loss was going on, one thing many were promised (me included) was a $100 gift card which, to date, hasn't materialized. Since I am not inclined to look cheap I haven't inquired about it but that's just one more indication that customer's are being told one thing when actually something else is happening.

I do appreciate your comments on this forum and realize you give a measure of clarity and balance to comments coming from some irate TMobile customers who may or may not have a valid ax to grind, or are otherwise experiencing some sort of bad day so thanks.

8. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    thanks as well for your input, and I will dig on the gift card to see what updates I can find tomorrow and let you know how best to proceed to make sure you are compensated.

9. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks for the offer of help.

Frankly, now that the SK is working again, my wife is happy every time it chirps with a new message. The catalog came back yesterday.

Now my daughter is teetering between a SK and an iPhone (has a Pearl with Verizon now). They are different phones for sure so it all depends on what one wants it to do. Her work phone is a BBerry so personally I would recommend ditching them all and letting the company phone handle everything since they aren't prohibited from doing that.