Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile now has the FEWEST DROPPED CALLS!

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Andy, Oct 1, 2006.

1. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-mobile does have their work cut out for them. When UMTS is finally rolled out, will the 1700mhz signal travel farther than the 1900? In regards to NIMBY's theyll always be there (i.e. Brookline & Weston, MA) theres no way to make em happy...except to give em cell service w/o towers. Just have them figure that one out.:loony:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I wonder how this compares to the other big 3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    ohh wow.......thats quite a few cell sites and from what I understand......they have been adding at least 1,000 a year and that they usually add more than Cingular each year.

4. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I wonder how many cell sites each carrier has? I know Cingular claims to have 47,000 and they claim they have the most of any carrier, but I am sure the real #'s could be close for all the national carriers.

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah but with T-Mobile adding that amount every year that means that T-Mobile has spent 15 years putting in those towers and just because they haven been T-Mobile the entire time doesnt mean they havent been working on it...............DT has just been putting more money in it..........and they have added 9,000 since 2004 and probably werent adding much less than that per year............how many is T-Mobile adding?

6. elgwhoppo

elgwhoppo New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Enough with the "independent research firm", and everyone saying they have the fewest dropped calls. No matter what cell phone company you have, there will always be dropped calls because of buildings and other inescapable interferences. I was in the verizon store and heard a guy saying he was sick of not getting signal at work, no matter which cell company he went with, and was getting upset with verizon. The rep asked him where he dropped his calls/ had poor signal, and he said the basement of a the factory where he worked.

:loony:

Duh dude. Coulda told you that from the start.

7. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I do have to add something here, I have honestly not had a dropped call with Cingular since they did the integration work here in NJ, now it was the Blue network prior & I had excellent calling with very few dropped calls.
    Now you talk to people in CA or other parts of the country & they have a load of dropped call issues going on.

I guess they take the data from all over the country when they drive around & just get a mean average to give these "Claims"

It's funny that both Cingular & T-Mobile claim the same thing, Verizon just say's they have the most reliable network & I am suprised they haven't gotten a company to do these test & come out with "We have the ultimate best network in the country, with the truest fewest dropped calls" then Cingular & T-Mobile would try to top that.
    It may never end. :lmao:

8. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That's good for the consumer though, because to keep up these claims they have to prove it, to prove it they have to do it. ie. buildout will continue :)

9. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    I know this was posted a couple of weeks ago, but I thought I would comment.

Whilst T-Mobile does oeprate in a numbe rof European countries, which together probably cover a fairly large area, this isn't necessarily analogous to building a network in the U.S. T-Mobile wouldn't have been building a pan-European network in the same way they are building a pan-American network in the U.S. T-Mobile would have built (or bought) a network in each individual country. It would be like a U.S. network deciding to build a network in Mexico. They can't simply send engineers over the border and build a network, it's a completely seperate country. In that regard, where T-Mobile has built networks they have been on a small scale compared with the U.S. because they ahve been building them country by country, and not necessarily with a view to creating a continent wide network.

10. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    actually that wasn't touched up on too much but you do have a very good point.....except by the events that have happened so far......most of the intranational carriers here in the US arent that ambitious to extend their arms to Mexico or any other country for that matter......at least not yet

EDIT: wait AT&T is an international company right?......so if AT&T began AT&T Wireless internationally then Cingular would be considered an International provider like T-Mobile and Vodafone...etc.

11. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    It depends upon what you define as 'international'. Some might consider an American network that also owned a network in Canada to be an international network, but others may simply look upon it as a logical extension in their immediate area.

Vodafone, T-Mobile, etc can be considered international networks with their various European networks, but again one could also look on them as being more of a 'regional network'.

A true global network would be one where the network operates networks in various countries around the world e.g. Vodafone.

12. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    you make a very good point.......however AT&T does have pretty significant representation overseas though right?

13. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile: Nokia6101/2.0 (03.39) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

If you are referring to wireless, AT&T wireless is only in the U.S.

T-Mobile and Vodafone are international carriers. There are other smaller carriers that are also international, Hutchison comes to mind.

14. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    no im speaking of AT&T the wireline division

15. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I think they are known internationally but don't know if they have phones & lines in other countries. Even if they do unless they are setup with their wireless division or part of another carrier in other countries they won't be considered an International carrier, just company name.
    I agree it seems T-Mobile & Vodaphone are true International wireless companies.

16. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    Vodafone and T-Mobile are probably the most prominent global networks, but there is also Telefonica Moviles, Orange and Hutchison Whampoa (often branded as 3).

17. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    And let's not forget either that the big boys Verizon and its predecessors and cingular and its predecessors had a 13 year (1983 v. 1996) head start on T-Mobile (and its predecessors.) With that 13 year lead they've had a chance to build more plant using premium cellular spectrum. They've already had to deal with the obnoxious NIMBY's already in many instances where T-Mobile and other newcomers have had to go it alone and do it much later than those original cellular providers.

18. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    very true.........they prolli have a lot more experience too......

19. clock3687

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Very true, but is it really hard for NIMBY's to complain if t-mobile co-locates on the same towers as the big 3? And is it how hard is it to co-locate onto towers?

20. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    A carrier can only co-locate on a tower if the tower owner wants/lets them! If the competition owns a tower they don't have to let you use their facility. Towers are sometimes run by a tower management company, but other times the tower is owned by the carrier. Traveling on the highway I've seen many instances where there will be two identical towers next to each other. I assume that these belong to two different companies.

21. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    true....wouldnt it be great if the NIMBYs would just be active against something else :deadhorse

22. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    News came out this morning that Cingular is now suing T-Mobile over this claim.

One article is here.

23. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    haha........this will get interesting........if both say an independent research companies say that those providers both have the fewest dropped calls......then where's the substance to Cingulars claims that T-Mobile is violating false advertising laws.........

I CALL THIS COURT TO ORDER!!!!!

:rotfl:

24. clock3687

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The next step...Cingular sues Sprint cause of the advertisement that says sprints EvDO is faster than Cingulars EDGE. Sprint then sues Verizon cause they say the "In" network is better. Then Verizon sues Sprint cause their EvDO network is the best. Theyll all be one big happy family. :browani: The end result: court orders all to substantiate the claims. :Massive build out ensues:. :D

25. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Love one another as you want to be loved........this golden rule doesnt apply in business from what i see so far.....and in the end its all about jealousy.....

:lmao:

26. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    If I'm not mistaken I believe I did read something where Cingular did sue Sprint over their claim of having the "Most Powerful Network."

27. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    HAHA!!!!! Well Sprint's comparison of EDGE to EV-DO wasn't entirely fair......but it doesnt violate false advertising laws cuz it is faster than Cingular's EDGE.......lol :rotfl:

28. digikid

digikid New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Cingular is seriously sueing T-Mo for false advertisement??? How pathetic! And did Cingular not read the ad because all the ones I've seen say "The fewest dropped calls in Los Angeles!! Wow, what a world we live in. Cingular is :loony:

29. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Originally their ad did not include any cities or states, they just had the logo "The fewest dropped calls, Nationwide"
    As of the last could of days it appears they are mentioning cities, there is another thread where "Miami" is mentioned in the ad.

So yes, they did & still may have a legit reason to go after T-Mobile's advertising. Especially since Cingular was advertising it first, of course in the court case we could find out more information on the studies to see who came out tops where.

Check out this thread: http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/w...s-t-mobile-over-advertisement.html#post409824

#89 Fire14, Nov 3, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  30. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i love how this who9le thing is based of jealousy without a reasonable doubt