Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile New Colocate site in Wallington, NJ

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by jones, Aug 20, 2005.

1. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

if you look at T-Mobile Compass map
    it has a new Cell Site in main ave, Wallington, NJ
    Every carrier is on this Backyard Water Tower in main ave,
    except Nextel.
    I think this is the only way Nimby's don't get
    heated up.

I don't know if this in the Tower List Hunting team picture.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile: Nokia6800/2.0 (5.58) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

It seems carriers will place equipment almost anywhere. Locally, I've seen equipment mounted on the sides of buildings.

According to the local T-Mobile coverage maps, such mounted equipment is in the area, in addition to equipment being on a tower roughly 1 mile away.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jones

If you can distinguish which PANELS belongs
    to what CARRIER you're GOOD.
    Cuz all 4 national carrier is on it, except Nextel.
    It is near that Railroad Track per T-Mobile Compass Map.

4. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
  5. jones

T-Mobile also has 2, but it's this water Tower that has 4 carriers on it.
    So identifying which Panels belong to who is tough.

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Usually what happens is one carrier gets lucky and wins a nimby battle and builds a tower. Then all of the other carriers can't wait to jump on and take advantage of it themselves.

7. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Identifying Sprint vs T-Mobl are the tough ones for me .. Maybe Bobolito can shed light on the differences ...
    VZW is going to be 4 panels per sector direction around here, with the 2 middle panels being 1900, & thinner than the outer 2 (look close, newer sites have 4 same colored panels, but a close look will see that the 2 inner are thinner).
    CIng (Att) is also going to be a mix of 1 1900, + 1 or more 800 per sector. It was usually 3 800 + 1 1900, but recent sites have bee other mixes, such as 1 + 1 ...
    800-only paneled sectors (in this area), should be Nextel....

8. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    In this area T-Mobile is now installing two white fat panels per sector and you usually see a small diamond-shaped antenna above one of the panels. They've been doing this in every new site they install since 2004.

Sprint still uses the traditional two thin panels per sector. Very simple setup. Sometimes they use reflectors behind each panel, like Nextel.

Some sites, however, it's impossible to tell if they are Sprint or T-Mobile.

Cingular since the merger is installing two white panels per sector like T-Mobile, but one is fat and the other one is thin.

9. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sprint is the only carrier in my area who uses one panel per sector (but 2 brackets with the other bracket empty) and 1900 Mhz type panels so they're usually easy to ID. However Sprint used to use anywhere between 2 and 4 panels per sector up until a couple of years ago so some of the older sites look a lot like Cingular/T-mobile's sites.