Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile n lower new england?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by johnner1999, Mar 20, 2005.

1. johnner1999

johnner1999 Junior Member

been wanting to switch over to tmo (I have verizon now) for a BB 7100 or a sidekick

but in the past tmobile was not really a useable service here in CT (mostly in the north west corner near torrington area)

I borrowed a tmobile phone for the week-end and it did work which in the past it would have been 1 bar at best and no connection.

just looking to see what others think.

thanks in advance,

John

2. Pr0s

Pr0s New Member

There would not appear to be the greatest coverage in your area. Not sure if you're aware, but you can actually utilize the PCC, Personal Coverage Check, directly from T-Mobile to get a realistic expectation of the coverage, where you will you use your phone the most. I did a quick look for you, and it does not appear that as of now, T-Mobile has much coverage in your area... but you can check yourself at T-Mobile.com...

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Have you considered Cingular? They sell the BB 7100 as well. Granted they are not as cheap as T-Mobile, but I think if you are used to Verizon-like coverage and are concerned about losing coverage, then you won't be dissapointed with Cingular. They are just as good as Verizon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. johnner1999

johnner1999 Junior Member

That would work well - but in my town we only have AT&T (soon to be Altell?) and actually my office gets a good dicount at att or cingular but they only have the 7100 availble via phone :-( and they said its on heavy backorder...

maybe I'll get a non-BB phone as all I really want is a good calender feature that can sync with my Mac iCal feature... Almost bought a 6620 or N-Gage tonight which I think links well with Mac?

And I do agree that I think Cingular will be best for me -- but on that note what is happening to my area and Altell (sp) ???

side note the tmobile person would go down to 155 for the 7100 and then a 100 mail in rebate still -- so I dunno?

again thanks you all

John

5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    So, what is your town? As far as I know, there is no area of CT that Cingular doesn't cover. And the only area of CT going to Alltel is Litchfield County, but that's only the AT&T portion. Cingular, however, is retaining its native portion in Litchfield, so Cingular won't disappear from anywhere in CT.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...