Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile Launches the Samsung Galaxy S 4G

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by CRC, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-Mobile Launches the Samsung Galaxy S 4G | The Droid Demos

T Mobile Launches the Samsung Galaxy S 4G Galaxy S 4G1

For those of you seeking a beefed up Samsung Vibrant, you’ll be pleased to know that the Samsung Galaxy S 4G is now available for purchase. The Samsung Galaxy S 4G can hit download speeds of 21Mbps which makes it the fastest device in the market as other “4G” devices are capped a the previous standard of 14.5Mbps and also comes equipped with a front-facing camera which many of you have been longing for.

Features of the Samsung Galaxy S 4G include:

* Android 2.2
    * 4-inch Super AMOLED display
    * TouchWiz user-interface
    * 1GHz Hummingbird processor
    * 5MP camera
    * Front-facing camera
    * Inception pre-loaded

If your looking to pick up this device today or in the near future, we suggest you shop around as T-Mobile has listed this device for $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and it’s currently available at Wal-Mart for $178.88. If you are willing to wait on this device, Wirefly has this device for $139.99 on a new contract and is available for pre-order now and it ships tomorrow.

If you currently own a Samsung Vibrant and are looking to void your warranty, you can hit up XDA for a nice little guide to make your device video chat ready that takes a careful hand and the ordering of an inexpensive piece of hardware to get your device as close to this Galaxy S 4G as possible without ponying up the cash for a new handset.

Be sure and let us know in the comments if you’re snagging the Samsung Galaxy S 4G or if this is a waste of a handset.

Via: T-Mobile

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  2. MechEngr

MechEngr New Member

I have researched both the T-mobile and at&t versions of the Samsung Galaxy S II and I know that there is commonality between their supported networks; e.g., GSM, HSDPA, WLAN, GPRS, EDGE, etc. I am leaning toward the unlocked at&t version, the Skyrocket i727 at this time. Does anyone know whether the at&t version will work on the T-Mobile network or not? I did stop into a T-Mobile store and asked if they knew of any differences between the two companies Galaxy S II phones and was told there weren't any differences. But, there are some and I want to ensure the unlocked at&t i727 version will function on the T-Mobile network.

3. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    The Samsung Galaxy S 4G1 for T-Mobile does these modulations and these bands:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    WCDMA(HSDPA) 1700 / 2100

The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 does these modulations and these bands:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    LTE 700 / 1700
    WCDMA(HSDPA) 850 / 1900 / 2100

There's a match on GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, all the 2G is common. That's all that's locally usable. The WCDMA(HSDPA) 2100 is common, but T-Mobile has it in the UK and beyond.

There's a match on the AWS band 1700, but T-Mobile USA uses HSDPA here, and AT&T Mobility plans LTE.

This is similar to using an iPhone on T-Mobile USA--only the 2G matches.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MechEngr

MechEngr New Member

Thank you for the feedback. I will still get the AT&T version and possibly change carrier.

5. Bubbly

Bubbly New Member

I think this is going to be a great phone !!!

6. JamesSmith2099

JamesSmith2099 New Member

I like this Samsung Android 2.2 having 4-inch Super display screen. And 5 MP camera that is front facing camera have a good and clear picture quality. I love this.