Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile is now at 12.1 million customers

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by aiwapro, Nov 18, 2003.

1. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

T-Mobile USA
    With an increase of 670,000 new customers in the third quarter, T-Mobile USA now has a customer base of 12.1 million. The churn rate also increased in this period, as it did for other mobile communications operators in the USA, and reached 3.3 percent per month. However, this is substantially lower than last year’s figure of 4.2 percent. Revenue increased by more than 26 percent compared with the same quarter last year to around EUR 2 billion or, expressed in US dollars, by over 45 percent to around USD 2.2 billion. Measured in US dollars, monthly ARPU remained constant compared with the previous quarter, at USD 50 (EUR 45). So compared with the same quarter last year, ARPU increased by USD 3. Translated into euros, this means a EUR 3 decrease, due to exchange rate effects. At USD 482 million (EUR 429 million), EBITDA more than quadrupled compared with the third quarter of 2002. The EBITDA margin tripled to 21.7 percent.

Click here for the complete article.

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That's good. I can't wait until they pass Nextel. If they had better coverage, their churn would be even lower.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    They need to get more roaming agreements too, I just dropped them and went to Cingular because T-Mobile won't roam on Edge Wireless, Cingular does, and considers it their "extended" network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I have heard the new TM brochures show lots of 1900 Western Wireless coverage that related to the press release here but I don't know if it is active or future coverage.

5. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    It's future I believe, but I never go into their areas, only Edge Wireless, so agreements with WW do me no good. Edge Wireless covers parts of Northern California, Southern Oregon, Southeastern Idaho and Western Wyoming, the only future coverage on T-Mobile's map is not in any of those areas, I tried to get an answer out of T-Mobile about an agreement with Edge Wireless, but they acted like they never plan to get one, a big mistake if that's true.

6. northform

northform Bronze Senior Member

How many subscribers does Nextel have? At the end of 2002, they had 10.6million. Just curious to see how close the two are.

7. Estabon

Estabon Junior Member

Nextel reported total customers of 12.3million. Not sure if this number includes Nextel Partners which has a little over 1 million customers. T-Mobile and Nextel are adding customers at about the same rate.
    Steve

8. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-Mobile only needs to do a little effort and they will beat Nextel to the fifth place. Nextel has always added at the same pace averaging 500 to 600 thousand customers per quarter. T-Mobile can do better than that. They just need stronger marketing efforts. I don't think T-Mobile is promoting as aggresively as they should. If they did, they'd pass Nextel in a heart beat.