Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile Forwarding Minutes

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by azcellphonejunkie, Dec 25, 2004.

1. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    Question for you all that know about the T-Mobile Plans.

I am currently on the Get More plan that has 600 Anytime minutes and 500 Call Forward Conditional minutes. I have recently gotten a Cingular Plan and want to keep the T-Mobile line, but get on the Basic plan that only has 60 minutes a month to keep the line active for $20 per month. The question is, are there any Call Forward Conditional minutes included with this plan? If so, how many. Most of the time I will have this line forwarded to my Cingular line, and use the T-Mobile line sparingly, or when needed in poor service areas. Anyone that has info on this plan would be appreciated. Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    T-Mobile offers Call Forward Conditional Minutes?

How did you get that on your plan az? I don't see that option for our SW Florida market.

Maybe it is only available in certain areas. :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    AZ, I am almost positive, but not 100%, that the $20 plan includes the 500 CCF minutes, as does every plan. You need to make sure you set CF properly on your phone to use these minutes, if you set "forward all calls" you use Unconditional CF minutes, and those come out of your plan as appropriate.

4. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I didn't DO anything. It is just part of the plan that is not advertised.

5. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thanks Matt, I appreciate the info. I know about the different types of forwarding options, and am planning on using the "forward all calls" option once I get my plan switched over. I have 9 months left on the contract, so the $20 per month is cheaper than the Early Termination fee, and I still keep the phone number and account active when needed!

6. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I hope you are right Matt. As I will be switching to the Basic Plan next month, untill my contract ends in July. If T-Mobile dosn't offer Unconditional CF minutes on that plan I will end up porting my 714 number back over to Cingular.

7. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Matt is Correct. I just switched my plan to the Basic one, and have the 500 Call Forward minutes on the line. The rep was even so helpful to offer to help me set up the call forwarding if I wanted! So yes I can confirm, all plans include 500 Call Fowarding minutes...

8. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    :cool: Thanks AZ!

9. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    No problem, having the forwarding minutes will be a HUGE benefit so I don't have to worry about having 3 phones with me all the time!

10. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Just to make sure everyone understands the 500 minute Conditional CF bucket. You cannot use the "forward all calls" option to use this bucket. "Fwd all calls" comes out of your bucket, which is just 60 whenever minutes plus 500 weekends.

11. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Then which option do you use? :confused:

I am using the "forward all calls" option for the past few months, and it comes out of the CF bucket on my $39.99 plan.

12. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Hmm....I didn't know that.

Thanks for mentioning it azcellphonejunkie. :)

13. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    TM includes the CCF minutes because of the way their voicemail system is set up. Those count as forwarded minutes, so the 500 CCF are meant to protect users from having any of their plan minutes deducted when someone calls and leaves them VM. Hence, the "condition" part of the call forwarding.

14. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    It seems that there is a lot of confusion about the Conditional Call Forward minutes. Can someone please explain when these are used? If they are not used for the FWD all calls, then whey are they used? :confused:

15. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    As I understand it, Conditional Call Forward (CCF) minutes are used when incoming calls are forwarded to the TM voice mail number.

16. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Yes, because that is what your phone is set to forward to by default (for the forwarding options other than forward all calls. You can choose another option from your phone menus.

17. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    OK, so if you choose another option from the menu, are the minutes still deducted from your CCF minutes, or from your buckets of minutes? I have tried to make a few calls here today to my T-Mobile phone forwarded to the Cingular phone, and they haven't shown up from either bucket!

18. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well, that's my understading of how it is supposed to work. Here's another thread I googled that has posts from people I trust.

http://www.cell-talk.com/Call_Forward_minutes-6049412-1218-a.html

YMMV, since I don't use the CF sevices at all ;)

19. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I think I understand it now, I have to use a "Condition" to make the minutes be pulled from my CCF bucket. The posted website seems to make that clear. I will do some more tests to find out if that is in fact true from the T-Mobile billing system.

20. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Another Question...Do you have to have the phone that you are using to forward all unanswered calls on to make the CCF minutes register? I have tried both and it looks like when the phone is off, the minutes are not taken out of the the CCF minutes. However, it doesn't look like they have been taken out of the regular minutes either. Very strange. Anyone have input on that?

21. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Thanks for the link. I understand what they where saying. And from reading my bill more caerfully I have been using unconditional CF, not conditional. :O

22. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    And of course I just called 611 to ask them about it, and they say that conditional forwarded minutes only work for sending calls to voicemail, which to me is a confliction of what that website link above said :mad:

23. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    budney:
    Did you edit this post right after you posted it? I got a totally different one in my email notification!

24. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yes I did edit the post. I was looking at my bill online as I was typing my post, and finally notice the UCCF after I posted.

I wish we could post in the carrier forums wirelessly. ;)

25. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Got it! I wonder what the real rules of Conditional Call Forwarding are. I don't think either of us can seem to get a clear answer on it!

26. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    It's quite simple.

Unconditional Call Forwarding means you have the "Forward All Calls" feature set (you can do this from your phone). This means that every call just gets automatically forwarded to the number you specified. I used to use this a lot at a client with no in-building coverage, I would forward it to my office phone.

Conditional Call Forwarding is everything else -- Busy No Answer, Unavailable, No Answer or Busy. Busy No Answer is the one you use for voicemail... so if you're on the line, or if you don't answer the line after the required 4 or 6 or whatever rings, or if your phone is off, it forwards (usually to VM). Unavailable is a subset of that -- meaning you're not registered on the network. Busy means you're on the line. No Answer means you're not answering the phone.

The thing to do is pretend like your Cingular phone is the TM voicemail number -- go set up a Busy No Answer call-forward and instead of the TM voicemail number, put your Cingular number. The only problem is that your callers may hear a few rings before your Cingular phone actually starts ringing.

27. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    OK, I understand all of that, but when i talked to someone in T-Mobile Customer Care last night, she said that if you use the Conditional Call Forward to any other number other than voicemail, you will get charged at the per minute rate of your plan, not deducting from either the CCF minutes, or the anytime bucket. Of course she may have been wrong...I would just like to know if I can do that or not. If so, do I have to leave the phone on when I have the Busy No Answer activated? If you have the phone off, then I don't hear any rings before it sends my test calls to the Cingular Phone. I am using a Nokia 6010 to set up this stuff, and I have only one option other than Forward All Calls to choose from. It is labeled "Forward when not able to take calls" and when I choose to activate it, I have to choose a Delay Time. I currently have it set to forward to my Cingular phone, with a 5 second delay. That way, when I have tested it, my T-Mobile phone rings for 5 seconds (which is 1 ring on the caller side) then has a 3-4 second pause before it starts ringing again and the Cingular phone begins ringing. If I understand what you are saying correctly, I should be set up fine. However, the calls are not listed under CCF minutes when checking on the T-Mobile website. Some of the time, they don't even show up on the detailed activity log when the phone is off! :confused:

28. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    AZ, use that return key a few times to break that up a bit :D

Zap has the methods described great. In your most recent post AZ, I believe the CSR was wrong. CCF can be used for any number and will be billed as such, out of the 500 minute bucket, whether or not the phone is on.

I can't help you on what you are seeing on the online call summaries and listings, though. It sounds like you are not using ANY CCF minutes? I would not expect the call to be listed in the detailed activity log, since your T-Mobile phone never actually answers the call.

29. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thanks for getting through that entire post Matt! Sorry about the lack of spacing, I was writing very fast and didn't think about it. :rolleyes:

I think the CSR was wrong too. I am going to keep using the CCF and see what happens. If everything works right, I shouldn't have any calls missed and should use no minutes on the plan itself except for CCF minutes if they even register.

I don't really mind if I can see the information on the online call summaries. It would be nice, but I know I won't be getting 500 minutes of calls come through on the old line. I have notified most of the people I need to that call me on a regular basis.

Thanks again Matt, ZaphodB, budney, AnthroMatt and Gamer03 for all your info and help trying to figure out this overly complicated subject!

30. azcellphonejunkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    OK, it looks like things have been validated. Here is the email I got from T-Mobile Customer Care reguarding the issue.

Dear ******* ********,

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Currently we can understand the frustration and thus you would need to forward unavailable calls to take advantage of the 500 minutes. I do however need to mention that if you utilize the 500 minutes, then you begin to use your bucket minutes.

If you have any other comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.

Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    Charles
    Customer Service Specialist