Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile FamilyTime Plans Rate Increase?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by ryanjudy, Mar 22, 2003.

1. ryanjudy

ryanjudy Junior Member

Hello!

I was planning on signing up for a new FamilyTime plan this month, but I noticed they raised their rates, and wondered if anything new anything about it! They also added an additional plan.

Family Time $69
    800 Anytime
    Unlimited Tmo to Tmo + Unlimited N&W

Family Time $99
    1200 Anytime
    Unlimited Tmo to Tmo + Unlimited N&W

While the actual price of the rate plan is the same Tmobile used to charge just $10 additional for each line ($10 cheaper than everyone else!) but it seems as if they have changed the rates to $20 additional per line. Is there any way I can still get on the old plan?

I find that Family share plans are never worth it, and wanted to know other peoples opinons. Here are some examples.

SPCS
    $65 - 500 mins to share
    When I could just buy 2 lines for $35 each with 300 mins. 100 mins more for $5

Tmobile
    $69 - 800 mins
    When I could buy 2 lines for $39 each with 600 mins each... 400 mins more for $10.

Thanks for your input!

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    A few months ago I was analyzing the same thing and I am still wondering what's the point of going with a family plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mLife2003

mLife2003 Member

T-mobile doesn't offer free nights on the Family plan. Neither do they give you the $2.99/mo. option to add free nights

4. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

Correction Night Minutes is not available in the Family Share Plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. PTYES

PTYES New Member

Check out SprintPCS, their $100/mo plan offers 2000 anytime minutes, nationwide service, unlimited mobile to mobil, free long distance, and A free extra line.

That might give you the "best bang for the buck"

6. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The TM additional line fees went up on March 3. Anyone who had a family plan before that date can still add plans for $10.

I've been on the family plan for almost three years. It is most beneficial when you can take advantage of the m2m minutes compared with the standard plans. Also, it works well when the usage between the two phones is not balanced. It allows usage of 700 for one phone and 100 for the other, for example. Your comparison with 2 $39 TM plans does have 400 more anytime minutes than the family plan (for $10 extra) but no m2m minutes. That's a $10 option PER LINE. You may not need that, but I do. My combined usage on two lines is about 1000-1500 minutes per month, but with unlimted nationwide m2m, I am not sure how many anytime minutes I use but it is probably 400-600 since my network of fellow TM friends and family is over a dozen. I would have to spend $100 per month on standard plans instead of $70 on the family plan.

Just depends on what you need.