Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile Complaint

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by ny1965, Jul 28, 2011.

1. ny1965

ny1965 New Member

Myself and my family have been customers of T-Mobile for five years, over the last couple of weeks i have had really bad experiences with customer service. The two gentlemen that i have spoken with have had a very unprofessional manner in the way that i was spoken to, the first time the representative was not listening to what i was saying and was raising his voice on many occasions to answer my questions. I asked to be put on with a supervisor and was told that there was not a supervisor available, he then continued to talk to me in a disrespectful and rude tone telling me that he could not solve my problems because he said the charges were legitimate, i then left my phone number so a supervisor could call me back, i waited two days ans still received no phone call.
    I have now recalled T-Mobile and have once again spoken to a representative who could not help me with my problems and by the end of the conversation his tone was also beginning to become disrespectful and unprofessional, i once again requested to talk to a supervisor and was told that the "system was being updated" and a supervisor was not available, i am wondering how long it will take a supervisor to call me? I cannot believe that T-Moblie has become such a nickel and dime company, i pay $230 a month for five lines on my plan and feel as a customer i should be treated with more respect.

2. n2jtx

n2jtx New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V330 (Unlocked)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Rogers Wireless
    Welcome to the new T-Mobile that is trying very hard to make themselves such a miserable company to deal with that nobody will care when AT&T takes them over and they go away.

It is definitely not the company I signed with in 2005.

3. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Interesting that the only post that the original poster made was this complaint. Also interesting that the only other contributor had 30 or so posts.

4. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I'll add my two cents to this discussion.

As I've stated in previous posts, TMobile is not entirely unsatisfactory to me, however, I too have experienced a "take it or leave it", condescending attitude on occasion. Admittedly, I haven't needed to call TMobile often but was pretty much told off by a person when I pointed out an inconsistency between an instore flyer and TMobile's practice concerning free or not free TV on a Sidekick 4G smartphone. .

My concern lately has to do with what I perceive as slipping in the consistency of their coverage. Traveling through Eastern NC (not during a hurricane by the way), I find I can drive for several hours and many miles without any coverage in some cases, and spotty coverage in others. I experienced this same problem in SC, traveling from Spartanburg, past Newberry, to Columbia - many dropped calls.

TMobile has some really good 4G coverage in a few areas - I live in Northern VA and, 5 miles from my home, the speed is smoking, but, unfortunately at my home itself it's sort of smoldering around 1 MBPS, but recently slipped to about half that.

It isn't evident to me that they are dong anything to improve any of this either - hopefully, I am wrong. Having given up (reluctantly) a Sprint SERO plan to switch to TMobile, I have nothing to lose by switching again. If this continues, I'll probably go ahead and pay the premium for Verizon. Maybe if the merger goes through it will be enough of a material change to allow me to void the balance of my contract or, even better, maybe TMobile will get on the stick and fix things..

5. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    The problem with tmobile as I see it, is a loss of focus. Tmobile has always been the cust service leader, and in the last year focus has shifted to money first customer last. for disclosure, I am a tmobile employee and I am in our retention department, it used to be our goal to save every customer, now it's our goal to save customers that are within 6 months of their contract ending. I don't like it but the job market in the shape it is in I really can't object based on principle.

I find it funny to watch management at my call center react to the direction the company is headed, which is right into the ground, and now that our call center employees are hinting at starting a union, they are all wound up. I am good at my job, and I still help all customers, but I think I am in the minority unfortunately. This is definitely not the company that I started with 7 years ago.

What is needed if the merger is blocked is a shake up first starting with our CEO, and all the way down to the supervisor level. And then some common sense approaches to climbing and using whatever money we may get from AT & T to make an effort to FIX things, that's right things are broken right now and something needs to happen....that's my two cents, and for the record, I still enjoy my job and strive to help my customers in any way I can.

2 people like this.
  6. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    this is not surprising to me, the carolinas have always been a trouble spot for us, when we bought suncom we thought it would get better, but we have not invested the money needed in that network to realize the full potential.

7. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    to be fair you should say what the issue is in your opinion, because I have talked to a lot of customers lately that just complain about charges that are legit on their bills, and just want a credit. If there is a real issue with invalid charges, then you have a leg to stand on, if you're not happy about fees like restore fees, then the company will not reverse them.

8. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    TMobileMan represents TMobile very well in this forum. Honesty with one's customers counts for a lot.

I personally have no complaint about TMobile's fees as they are very competitive, especially compared to Verizon. In my field, continuous improvement is a critical component as large projects and other endeavors are conducted and that is where TMobile needs to improve.
    When areas of coverage are found to be spotty, they need to be fixed. At a minimum, communication between the company and it's customers shouldl occur so they at least know, and have a shred of hope, that thing are being improved.

If the ATT-TMobile merger happens, the model should be to leverage TMobile's legendary customer service to offset the less than stellar one currently possessed by ATT. If the merger fails (and I am betting it will) TMobile will be in a great position to use it's reputation to great advantage, assuming they don't screw it up by continuing on the current path towards complacency.

Personally, I would like the circumstances to become such that I will want to stick with them for the long haul. Hopefully, their corporate culture will evolve so that this will happen.

1 person likes this.
  9. PortablesUnlimited

PortablesUnlimited New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I am truly sorry you had such a bad experience I would try calling again and speaking to someone new. We all have bad days, not using that as a excuse for your poor experience. I have found that the over all customer experience is much better then other carriers. T-Mobile truly cares for its customers and wants to continue to grow as a company. Give them the chance to make it right