Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile Award Winning Customer Service?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by BradQue, May 20, 2011.

1. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Having just switched to my wife's provider, T-Mobile, from a Sprint SERO plan, and encountering a very dismissive and patronizing customer representative at T-Mobile, I am realizing that I probably made a terrible mistake.

T-Mobile TV is listed as being free on the Sidekick 4G Promotional Flyer in the T-Mobile stores. Specifically, it states "Get free live TV and video on demand right from your T-Mobile Sidekick 4G. Enjoy mobile entertainment including news, comedy and full episodes of kids’ programs, all free.”

Ms. [name removed] CSR spent great effort on the phone telling me that it didn't really mean that since the TV feature is only free for a 30 day trial period even though such a trial period isn't even alluded to in the flyer "all free". She went on to compare this to some sort of car TV ad, describing in a not very lucid and totally irrelevant way how the two compared.

My question to the forum: Does T-Mobile make a practice of printing misleading literature, affirming that literature in the stores at time of purchase, and then reneging afterwards or am I missing something here? (Note, we're not talking about a simple incorrect statement by the store rep, we're talking about an official T-Mobile written statement.
    :mad:
    Thanks,

Brad

I am not happy and do have an original copy of the flyer in question to substantiate my position.

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I don't think T-Mobile does that on purpose. If I were you, I would take the flyer into a T-Mobile store and have a rep look at it. See if he agrees and have him verify it with CS. If not, start complaining to the higher ups. And if you have no luck with that see what Sprint can do for you. :)

3. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I understand the flyer is incorrect what it should have said is that there is a subscription fee for monthly access and that alot of the live tv channels are available for no additional cost, making them free on top of the monthly access fee. Ultimately it won't end up being free for you, and know we don't make a practice of setting the wrong expectation. I would suggest that you get past this one instance and give tmobile another chance. I understand again that this may a lot to ask of you, but mistakes are made with every carrier so the apology and explanation is going to be what's offered for you for this situation. If it's that big a deal to you, walk away and if you're in your buyer's remorse period there won't be a cancellation fee. If not it's probably time to decide how much mobile TV service is worth to you. Either way good luck.

2 people like this.
  4. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks for responding tmobileman and budney. Your suggestions are well taken and I appreciate them.

Unfortunately, I gave up a very good Sprint SERO plan, that included TV among other features and did so in part because the flyer in question, an original of which I have, and the TMobile store rep, promoted the TV as being free. When I asked why, I was simply told that it was probably a promotion for the new SK 4G.

I am stuck with TMobile I presume for 2 years. I don't dislike the service, the phone, or the features I have, but I don't think an explanation as simple as an error on the flyer is sufficient given the very clear way it expressed the TV feature as being free, with no mention of a trial period, or the need to purchase anything in order to get something free (which, if you think about it is absurd anyway since if you have to buy something in order to get something, neither is free - a more proper phrase would be "included at no additional charge").

Again, thanks for responding. I will go to the store and see what they say.

I appreciate the forum and all the help it provides and my reply here is not intended to come off as being derisive in any way.

Brad

4 people like this.
  5. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

I have always been a big supporter of tmobile but last week they burned me. They just arent the company they used to be from my experience especially in terms of cs.

6. d00d

d00d New Member

what benefits did you see at Tmobile over SERO? I am a sero user and wondered what value there is out there

7. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Actually, none. I should have kept my SERO account even if I also tried TMobile. Bummer but too late.