Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile 850/1900

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by zhila, Sep 15, 2005.

1. zhila

zhila New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola c975
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Zingular
    Tmobile uses 1900 all over the USA but Would i lose any coverage if my phone has no 850 Mhz? Most of Tmobile phones have 850 Mhz these days.

2. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yes, there are select areas where you would be able to Roam on Cing 800Mhz w/ a dual band fone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Beware that NYC/NJ is not included in those selected areas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    t-mobile is just in the process of allowing 850 roaming. they have opened a few areas up to 850 roaming, but much more is to follow. If you are satisfied with the current t-mobile footprint/roaming coverage on a 1900 phone, then you can get a 1900 only phone and your coverage would stay the same or get better over time as 1900 carriers build out their network more. a dual band handset would, i nthe future, give you significantly more coverage in some select areas, NJ/NYC not included as bobolito said.