Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

System Update??

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by 56yankee, May 27, 2009.

1. 56yankee

56yankee New Member

Anyone else hit by Alltel's wonderful system updates? I received both a letter and several text messages instructing me how to update my phone today. My son tried and has been having a hissy fit because it doesn't work. So did I, minus the hissy fit. If it doesn't work, they then instruct you to contact Alltel Customer Service via landline - because your cell phone no longer works! But I no longer have a landline! So now what? I'd appreciate any help.

2. bandit390

bandit390 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If your talking about the min change. Then from your phone dial *228 and choose the option for activation.

Also, you should always be able to contact alltel by dialing 611

3. 56yankee

56yankee New Member

Yes, those were the instructions we followed, and no, 611 is not working either. What is a min change please? Thanks.

4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Hmm odd. You may have to go to a store to manually program it.

5. bandit390

bandit390 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
  6. 56yankee

56yankee New Member

Thanks, should have checked Wiki myself, never realized it was that detailed. Yes, we did shut off the phones and try again, *228 originally got the response that the automatic update didn't work, and subsequent attempts got a busy signal; another option, *22896, also didn't work. The offspring has gone down to the retail store to see what's up. I like this forum, y'all are quite helpful!