Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Syracuse Service

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello,
    I"m attending Syracuse University in New York in August as a freshman. I'm looking for a cell phone to use while I am there. I was curious what everyone would reccommend service wise. I've been looking at the plans but I need to know if the providers have good coverage and quality in the area, because no matter how nice the plan is, if I can't use the phone, there is no point.
    Brian

2. Guest

Guest Guest

VOICESTREAM

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I can't use Voicestream because they don't have service in Richmond, at least according to their map. Anything else?

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Cingular or Verizon are your best bet. Cingular has the best rate plans but Verizon has the best coverage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

VOICESTREAM Has coverage in Richmond now.

6. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Coverage outside of Northen Virginia is coming online now. Northen VA has been covered for years. Richmond/Petersburg, Cahrlottesville, Lynchburg, Norfolk/Willmsburg/VABeach are all coming up now, and full service should be up along 95, 64, 29, etc. by next month. Richmond service seems to be about twice the size it was when it first came up in April. You just can't get a local number down there yet. Are you in Richmond now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm in Florida, moving to Syracuse. I was looking at the coverage map on VS's website and it doesn't say that richmond is. That's why I didn't think it was. I'm getting a National Plan, with whoever I end up with. When you said Verizon had the best coverage was that best coverage non-roaming? Same with Voicestream in Richmond?

8. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
  9. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Voicestream doesn't charge for roaming either. They don't charge for lond distance either. Voicestream gets my vote from all of my experiences with them.

10. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

By the way, Voicestream usually doesn't add new coverage areas to their map until they have an exact launch date in mind, and are done upgrading.

11. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    The best coverage means the chances of dropping a call or having no signal are less with Verizon. Roaming is another issue.