Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Synching Phonebook messes up individual ringtones!

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by silverado, Nov 11, 2005.

1. silverado

silverado Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX9900
    I downloaded phonebook to phone using mobile action software now all ringtones have low beep once. They are stored in each phonebook entry so its a lot of work if I remove manually. Anyone know a fix???

2. silverado

silverado Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX9900
    Since I got no replies I discovered a fix myself - great way to spend a Friday night :) Of course in the hours I wasted I could have easily updated 1 by 1.

I figured out how to bulk delete the individual contact ringer ids that I believe got messed up from handset manager. I exported the phonebook file via bitpim to a csv file, opened in excel, deleted 4 columns that related to the personal message and call ringer ids, except for the headers. Deleted the entries in bitpim by ctrl-a and delete then reloaded them back using the import feature. Worked like a charm.

I initially tried this with a csv file I created in handset mgr but this required manually setting the column headings which is difficult to match exactly.